Rinse Gone Bad

SouthernGirl

After much debate over whether to try a black rinse, clear, or one shade lighter, I decided to give black a try. My natural color is off-black, so I used Clairol's Beautifuls Collection, which I used years ago and I seemed to like back then.

Well, I guess my hair's changed over the years because I don't like it! It seems a little harsh for me, because when I look in the mirror if my hair is straight and parted down the middle, I get that Vamped Out look! I didn't even use the darkest shade (Jet Black), I used the second to the last, Black. I've been washing like crazy to get rid of it, but this stuff's going NO WHERE! And it's not even shiny like I thought it would be :(.

Do you ladies know how to get rid of a rinse faster? I think I liked my ruddy-years-of-being-relaxed-dark-brown color much better. Next time maybe I'll try clear. Glad I didn't go permanent!!

Thanks,
SG

Unfortunately.. many times when people rinse their hair black, it often becomes permanent and doesn't come out. I dont know of any ways to get rid of a rinse faster, this is coming from a girl who had a rinse in august 2003 that STILL hasnt come out. It's grown out, but the color is still on my ends.. I hope someone else can be more helpful to you.

SouthernGirl said:
Oh no! Well, unless anyone has any ideas, I'd better get used to it :(

Thanks Candibaby!!
SG
Doesn't the original Prell take the color out of your hair if you have a mistake like that?? I'm almost positive that I use to read about that on the hair board at www.makeupalley.com Try doing a search on there.. you might find something.. but I think Prell will take it out.. just don't quote me on that..

HTH??

I found this at makeupalley.com about Prell:

you have a few options r/o ( )
Option #1: Pour some Prell shampoo into the palm of your hand. Pat the shampoo on top of your dry hair and make sure the shampoo covers completely. Leave the shampoo on your hair for 30-45 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Also do a deep conditioning treatment afterwards.

Option #2:

Apply hot oil to your hair. Use extra virgin olive oil if possible. Wrap your hair in plastic and let sit for 45 minutes. Take Prell shampoo and pat on top of the oil. Let sit for 5 minutes. Rinse well with warm water.

Option #3:

Apply Queen Helene, Vo5 or similar hot oil to your hair. Wrap your hair in plastic and let sit for 60 minutes. Shampoo with clarifying shampoo like Philou Green Apple or Suave clarifying. Rinse well with warm water

SG, Im sorry to hear this. I agree with the other poster about the olive oil. My mother used extra virgin olive oil after she did one of those rinses and found out by accident that it removes the color. She was only trying to do a hot oil treatment:lol: .

OH SG! Sorry to hear about that. One of the reasons I have held off on coloring in fear I wont like it! :( I hope you will be able to solve it!

HoneyLemonDrop said:
SG, Im sorry to hear this. I agree with the other poster about the olive oil. My mother used extra virgin olive oil after she did one of those rinses and found out by accident that it removes the color. She was only trying to do a hot oil treatment:lol: .
:lol: That's not funny...but it is funny..LOL Yah, olive oil will strip the color out of your hair.. I totally forgot about that one!!

I guess I was right about the Prell.. Thanks Candibaby for posting that!!!:D

I never had that problem (of the black rinse permanently staining) in fact I wish I did. my rinse washed right out after two weeks, revealing those horrid brassy highlighted ends once again.

It will come out...I rinsed my hair in the summer and it came out within a month..I have a black rinse in now... i havent had problems with them staining

I thought we had come to an agreement about noting getting any color until after the wedding? :laugh: I don't have any suggestions, but I hope you're able to get rid of the color fast. :)

I have to second the "Prell Shampoo" suggestion. That stuff will strip the color out of hair faster than anything. Saw a stylist do this to her hair with my own eyes...it was amazing. She went from looking like "Elvira" to almost normal.

Sorry to hear about your mishap! My academic advisor at school used to work for Revlon and once told me that hot oil treatments are good at lifting hair dye. Also, when I had a bad hair dye experiment in May I went to another stylist who lifted the color out of my hair (and it worked, thank God). IDK what she used, but make you could go to a stylist and have them do it. Good luck!

A good product that I have used in the past is UnColor.

[size=+0]The Uncolor System Semi-Permanent Haircolor Remover [/size]
320930.jpg
By: Clairol, Inc.

Sally Item #: 320930

Size: 12 fl oz

Semi-permanent and temporary haircolor remover.

Semi-permanent and temporary haircolor remover
Gentle, quick and easy to use
Leaves hair clean and ready for color
Removes the build-up left by styling aids
Leaves natural haircolor untouched
<LI>Leaves hair soft and resilient

Usage Tips
Apply to dry hair.

Just make sure you condition well after using it.

Hey girl! (newbie here!) There's this oil by Clairol called Metelex that gets rid of semi-permanent rinses. I did a cinnamon color over some highlights before and I looked like Homey de Clown! and it doesn't damage your hair at all.

KAddy said:
A good product that I have used in the past is UnColor.

[size=+0]The Uncolor System Semi-Permanent Haircolor Remover [/size]
320930.jpg
By: Clairol, Inc.

Sally Item #: 320930

Size: 12 fl oz

Semi-permanent and temporary haircolor remover.

Semi-permanent and temporary haircolor remover
Gentle, quick and easy to use
Leaves hair clean and ready for color
Removes the build-up left by styling aids
Leaves natural haircolor untouched
<LI>Leaves hair soft and resilient

Usage Tips
Apply to dry hair.

Just make sure you condition well after using it.
:) :) :) :) I highly recommend uncolor, works lika charm :D

marygrove013 said:
does anyone know if rinses are good for your hair?
I wouldnt necessarily say they're good for your hair, but rinses wont cause damage and often give your hair good conditioning and shine.

HoneyLemonDrop said:
YEs this happened to me too with castor oil and honey. My hair hates olive oil. I think any hot oil treatment will strip a rinse. I haven't tried the prell thing, sounds kinda scary.

Hey Everyone :wave:

THANK YOU ALL SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR THIS HELP!!!!

I waited too long to thank everyone individually, but I'm throwing kisses to all of you. :kiss: I really can't thank you enough. I am getting up RIGHT NOW and marching my way over to the store to pick me up some Prell, Olive Oil, Uncolor, and everything else ya'll said! Don't worry, I won't combine them- my hair will probably come out Blonde then :laugh:

I'll also be sure to condition well.

Jen, I know I messed up, but I couldn't resist the temptation!!! I'll wait, and we can just go together to the person that did your Coolorshines Rinse. I'm sure I'll be getting clear!!

Love you all,
SG

Okay, so I called Sally (with my anal self) to make sure they had the Uncolor before heading out. They told me that it's only sold to professionals that carry a license, but that they have a substitute.

I'll be nixing that just to avoid any other mishaps. I'm sticking w/the Prell and Olive oil.

Thanks again! I'll let you know how it turns out...

Hey SG,

I have purchased uncolor from my local bss before. Try checking your local bss. I used to purchase it all the time (I used to be semi-permi color queen :D )

KAddy said:
Hey SG,

I have purchased uncolor from my local bss before. Try checking your local bss. I used to purchase it all the time (I used to be semi-permi color queen :D )

Thanks Sweetie!

I wish I'd gotten this B4 running out. I'll pick it up when I go back out later. I got the Prell and Olive Oil, but I haven't done anything yet.

I'll keep you posted!

Thanks again everyone :wave:

Back