Revisiting my hair past has given me hope for the future -Long w/question and pics

leona2025

So for the last week or so I have been kinda depressed about my hair styling options. I am not good at styling whatsoever and that fierce bob thread is not helping:lachen:. I have been thinking about quick weaves, sew ins, and finally just cutting it all off. It takes me forever to make up mind about my hair (which makes me get fed up).

I was researching types of hair for weaves and such and it sooo expensive to me. Especially since I am unemployed at the moment. Then if I got a cute little sew in or quick weave it would still need to be styles every now and then and that would have me shelling out even more cash. I was looking at my photobucket at the pictures from when I first first started my journey and I was so optomistic then. I seen the rollersets I use to do and they were pretty to me (no heat used at all). I seen where I started in my hair growth and how far I have come because sometimes I look in the mirror and it looks like my hasn't grown a bit, but the pictures prove it has. It gave me a little hope.

When I got a trim a few months ago, the stylist told me I had good ends and that she could tell I didn't use a lot of heat. I took that as a free pass to use all the heat I wanted. I've been flat ironing once a week. I got split ends now and I never had them before. I want to give my hair a break. It has been working with me and been holding on throught out my crazy period, but I need to get back to the beginning. I don't think the split ends are from the weekly flat rather that I use the flat iron improperly.

I absolutely hate messing with my wet hair. So usually after I cowash I add moisturizer seal and just let it be until it's dry and then I flat iron. I use a heat protectent too. I was wondering has anyone tried rollersetting on air dried hair? Here are a few pictures of where I started and how far I progressed. the first is where i am now and the rest are throughout my 1 year in hair care. Thank all you ladies, because sometimes when I'm down I come in here and read threads and you guys really lift my spirits. Thank You ALL!!!
relaxed3-vi-1.jpg
p_00014-1.jpg
p_00016-1-1.jpg
p_00062-1.jpg
p_00041-1-1.jpg
p_00140-1.jpg
p_00115-1.jpg

p_00090-1.jpg

Re: Revisiting my hair past has given me hope for the future -Long w/question and pic

Girl, don't let boredom make u cut off that beautiful head of hair, you will probably regret it. I always buy my weave and get someone I know to put it in. Maybe you can buy a wig? So many options. Hopefully some experienced members can give you styling options. Good luck.

Re: Revisiting my hair past has given me hope for the future -Long w/question and pic

Girl, don't let boredom make u cut off that beautiful head of hair, you will probably regret it. I always buy my weave and get someone I know to put it in. Maybe you can buy a wig? So many options. Hopefully some experienced members can give you styling options. Good luck.

Oooh girl I got up Wed. and I was determined to go get me a wig. My head is way too big for all the ones in the BSB, lol. I was looking like somebody's 90 years old grandma.:lachen:I'm not going to cut my hair. It's just when I get frustrated that's first thing that pops into my mind as a solutions, lol.

Bumping for answers to rollersetting question.

bump bump bump bump

Yes, you can roller set dry hair just as easy as you can wet. In fact, I find dry hair easier to set than wet. This was when I was relaxed. Now I won't even think about trying that on my natural hair.:lachen:

Yes, you can roller set dry hair just as easy as you can wet. In fact, I find dry hair easier to set than wet. This was when I was relaxed. Now I won't even think about trying that on my natural hair.:lachen:

Thanks for the response:grin:. My airdried hair is usually really wavy and I didn't know how that would effect my roller set. I refuse to really deal with my hair when wet. It doesn't tangle or anything. I just don't like it.

Back