Review: Sedu ceramic tourmaline flatiron (with pics)

caribeandiva

Human being
this one's for you LetitiaTee.. sorry it took my lazy behind so long to write it.

pics in my album

Sedu Flatiron purchased from folica.com july 2006

Pros:
-no snags: this was very important to me. it didn't snag my hair at all
-small: it fits conveniently in your hand, very small not bulky at all. the size makes it easier to maneuver and it got really close to my roots
-Fast: i only took one swipe to get most of my hair sections straight compared to my old el cheapo flat iron from Sally's
-No reversion: my hair usually reverts after 3 or more hours but not with this iron. all this time i thought it was my technique, it turns out it was my tools instead.
-Still looks brands new even though i've used it dozens of times since i got it. my old flatiron's plates were burnt looking and peeling all over 2 months after i got it.
-no burning smell or smoke: unlike my old iron. again i thought it was my technique turns out it was my iron that was making all that smoke even though it was on a low temperature
-almost forgot: different temperature settings

cons:
-it gets very hot. don't let it get too close to your scalp or you'll burn yourself. so BE CAREFUL!

i hope this review helps out someone who was undecided about which iron to get.

Last edited:
it cost me $119 (free shipping and handling). i got mine from folica.com though.

aww... thanks Letitia!! you're so nice!

caribeandiva said:
it cost me $119 (free shipping and handling). i got mine from folica.com though.

aww... thanks Letitia!! you're so nice!

*on lurk mode* adding sedu to my list of things to buy in November....slips out of thread unnoticed, invisibile, casper style.....

You got a sedu - I absolutely heart mine!!!! I am a self proclaimed advocate of the Sedu. Your hair looks absolutely great! keep seduing but be careful it can be very addicting!!! You mentioned that it gets to hot try turning down the temperature - you will be surprised to see that it still does a great job....

I bought my sedu about a month ago and I love it! I also got it thru folica.com, the reviews it has are the truth! I used it once on my dd and once on myself with great results. I ordered it on a Tuesday morning and received it the next afternoon!

thanks for the review! i have been debating about getting one for a while now. I am going to get it. :D your hair looks really good!

Back