REVIEW: ORS OLIVE OIL RELAXER (REGULAR)

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
So ladies I did a touchup last night because my roots were not havin a 12 week stretch! Burning...the last time left me with underprocessed hair! :mad: It worked out wonderfully! I wanted to try something different for my hair instead of Soft n Beautiful. My original intent was to go from no-lye to lye but one of the bss workers recommeneded the ORS relaxer for my hair and she said she did a touchup on her hair with it 3 weeks ago. (Her hair looked fabulous by the way--->soft, smooth, shiny, and down her back!)

I gave it a go! I am estatic with the results. I had no burns, no irritation, and nothing but straight shiny evenly processed NG. I will be posting the results in my fotki tonight before I go out for St.Patty's Day! ***Pinchin' u if you ain't wearin green! haha***:D :)

baglady215 said:
I love their products. If I do go back to no-lye I think I will try this one.

Yes if you do...try this one! I like it alot! I was ready to switch to Design Essentials (lye) but I couldn't fins it anywhere to purchase online...so this one was highly recommended to me instead.;)

That's great!! :)

I started to buy this relaxer the other day! I wasn't that familiar with the ORS products until recently, when I started using the Olive Oil. (thanks sistaslick!)

I saw this chic in Walmart a couple of weeks ago near the 'black products', she and I struck up a convo, and this was the relaxer that she used. Her hair was beautiful!

I just self-relaxed last night after 12 weeks (went from lye to no-lye again) and started to buy/use this relaxer, but I decided to use the Profectiv relaxer--which had worked great for me in the past. Just tryna stick with what I know......

BUT ANYWAY--since I know that it worked great for you, I may give it a try next time. Thanks for the review!! :up:

apples said:
That's great!! :)

I started to buy this relaxer the other day! I wasn't that familiar with the ORS products until recently, when I started using the Olive Oil. (thanks sistaslick!)

I saw this chic in Walmart a couple of weeks ago near the 'black products', she and I struck up a convo, and this was the relaxer that she used. Her hair was beautiful!

I just self-relaxed last night after 12 weeks (went from lye to no-lye again) and started to buy/use this relaxer, but I decided to use the Profectiv relaxer--which had worked great for me in the past. Just tryna stick with what I know......

BUT ANYWAY--since I know that it worked great for you, I may give it a try next time. Thanks for the review!! :up:

Your welcome! I happy that I give feedback to you guys about it! When I get home I'm going to flat iron and post pics for yall (update album). Hope everyone is havin a happy friday!:D

Since I wont be able to get my full weave done, I too am going to self-relax tonight after 12 weeks of stretching. I've used ORS before, and it was the best ever, esp with the use of the replenishing pak that's included.

I recommend it highly!

I absolutely looove this relaxer. I usually mix it with two tablespoons of olive oil. That last time I used it I couldn't stop touching my hair. I've tried other relaxers but I haven't found anything better yet.

Awesome!!~~

I just recently used this relaxer after taking out my braids this past weekend. The main reason for getting braids was to get back my hair's thickness that was loss by many of the over-processing treatments that were down to my hair by professionals.

I vowed that I would start doing my own retouches again!

Usually, I would use Motions Mild, but I was finding it to still be too harsh for my hair, regardless of how careful I was at self-relaxing. So, I had heard good things about the conditioning properties of the ORS relaxer and gave it a go. Excellent! And on top of that, I'm glad to hear that it's something worth sticking with.

:)

vikkisecret said:
So ladies I did a touchup last night because my roots were not havin a 12 week stretch! Burning...the last time left me with underprocessed hair! :mad: It worked out wonderfully! I wanted to try something different for my hair instead of Soft n Beautiful. My original intent was to go from no-lye to lye but one of the bss workers recommeneded the ORS relaxer for my hair and she said she did a touchup on her hair with it 3 weeks ago. (Her hair looked fabulous by the way--->soft, smooth, shiny, and down her back!)

I gave it a go! I am estatic with the results. I had no burns, no irritation, and nothing but straight shiny evenly processed NG. I will be posting the results in my fotki tonight before I go out for St.Patty's Day! ***Pinchin' u if you ain't wearin green! haha***:D :)

that's good to know. i'm on the hunt for a new relaxer. oh btw, i like you pigtail twists :)

I tried this once and I did not like the amount of neutralizing shampoo that was in the packet. I did not feel comfortable with the amount that was there so I ended up using some that I already had. I already had a bottle of their neutralizing creamy shampoo just because I like it.

Does anyone else feel that they need to give more shampoo?

I do have thick hair, bu maybe it is just because I am paranoid and over-rinse after a touchup.

HoneyDew said:
I tried this once and I did not like the amount of neutralizing shampoo that was in the packet. I did not feel comfortable with the amount that was there so I ended up using some that I already had. I already had a bottle of their neutralizing creamy shampoo just because I like it.

I do have thick hair, bu maybe it is just because I am paranoid and over-rinse after a touchup.

I always by the 12.5 oz bottle of the neutralizing shampoo, the packet scared me too.

Good to know. I am due for a relaxer this weekend, but I feel that I can stretch 2 or 3 weeks longer. I am mainly trying to stretch because I am trying to get my hands on my original relaxer, Nairobi-which is a seriously gentle due to all of its natural extracts, because its only sold to professionals. I'm looking for a replacement relaxer until I can get Nairobi on a consistent basis. So would you all recommend this relaxer for me?

I think because of how much I rinse before applying my shampoo and the fact that I dont have very thick hair anymore. The packet seems just fine.
Although my first time I was kinda afraid, I didnt know if it was going to be enough.

vikkisecret said:
Has it helped you get to APL length? It seems like my old relaxer was holding me back.

I wouldn't say any relaxer helps ur hair grow, but it definitely was easier on my hair...When I used Revlon, I would almost always get scalp burns, and stuff, but when I changes d relaxer, I noticed the difference between the two and ORS is definitely better.

shawniegee said:
I always by the 12.5 oz bottle of the neutralizing shampoo, the packet scared me too.

Relli? I thought it was enough...My mother lathers twice with it, on my hair and I my hair is armpit length and it is NOT THIN!

shawniegee said:

Relli? I thought it was enough...My mother lathers twice with it, on my hair and I my hair is armpit length and it is NOT THIN!
That shampoo detangles so well, also...But it has sulfates in it...I don't feel it stripping tho regardless of that.

*ElleB said:
That shampoo detangles so well, also...But it has sulfates in it...I don't feel it stripping tho regardless of that.

I just maybe heavy handed or overly paranoid. Even after I use the shampoo in my relaxer kits, I still use Porosity Contol because of its PH level.

Only using that little pack would have driven crazy fro days!!!

I had a bad experience a few years ago. My hair starting falling out about a week after a retouch. I think I failed to neutralize or rinse properly. Since then, I maybe overdoing the rinse/neutralize step out of fear.

And you are right that shampoo is great. I had been usign that for a while before I even tried the relaxer.

vikkisecret said:
I wanted to try something different for my hair instead of Soft n Beautiful. My original intent was to go from no-lye to lye but one of the bss workers recommeneded the ORS relaxer for my hair and she said she did a touchup on her hair with it 3 weeks ago. (Her hair looked fabulous by the way--->soft, smooth, shiny, and down her back!)

I gave it a go! I am estatic with the results. I had no burns, no irritation, and nothing but straight shiny evenly processed NG.

This is great to hear! I have a "shopping cart" at walgreens.com that I keep adding to and removing things based on what I've read on this site. After reading comments on different relaxers and individual results, I added this to the cart last week. I plan to actually "check out" in a few weeks and will use this relaxer after my stretch ends in 6 weeks.

Thanks for sharing!

I used this relaxer for a touch up a few days ago and ended up seriously underprocessed even though my mom was slow about applying it and it was on for a little longer than the recommended 15 mins. But I love how soft and bouncy my hair was even with the really wavy new growth. Does any one else have this problem, or was it just the application??

HoneyDew said:

They sell a bigger bottle of their neutralizer? That's good then...forget the packet. That's the reason why I always do lye...the neutralizers are bigger. I don't know about this 2oz business...

Doremie13 said:
This is great to hear! I have a "shopping cart" at walgreens.com that I keep adding to and removing things based on what I've read on this site. After reading comments on different relaxers and individual results, I added this to the cart last week. I plan to actually "check out" in a few weeks and will use this relaxer after my stretch ends in 6 weeks.

Thanks for sharing!

Glad you liked it! I hope it works well for you its pretty gentle on the scalp but it straightened my 2 1/2 inches of NG...plus the underprocessed parts from my last touchup! ;)

asubeauty said:
I used this relaxer for a touch up a few days ago and ended up seriously underprocessed even though my mom was slow about applying it and it was on for a little longer than the recommended 15 mins. But I love how soft and bouncy my hair was even with the really wavy new growth. Does any one else have this problem, or was it just the application??

Sorry to hear that! Thats what happened to me when I touched up last time...Well I did something differently this time with the application. I part my hair into three sections and started on the front 2 sections first. I parted vertically 4-5 in each section and smoothed in the relaxer. This worked out better for me than all other times. Let sit for 25 minutes and smoothed entire head for extra 3 min...HTH:D

Before I would just part horizontally through my whole head at a time until I reached the very front( Not good...some parts were straighter than others and some burning!).

shawniegee said:
I absolutely looove this relaxer. I usually mix it with two tablespoons of olive oil. That last time I used it I couldn't stop touching my hair. I've tried other relaxers but I haven't found anything better yet.

Hmm you mixed 2 tbs of olive oil with the activator/relaxer and mixed all together...Imma have to try this next time! :p

Back