REVIEW: ORS OLIVE OIL RELAXER (REGULAR)

Faith said:
They sell a bigger bottle of their neutralizer? That's good then...forget the packet. That's the reason why I always do lye...the neutralizers are bigger. I don't know about this 2oz business...

Yes, they do. I love the shampoo. I 1st used it because i got a sample of it fromt he BSS. Good stuff!

I am with you, though. That packet just does not do it for me.

And that kit is for 2 applications?!?! They really need to put in more shampoo!!

I tried this relaxer on Wednesday. I can't remember when a relaxer came out so good. This is definitely a keeper. There other products are great also. I haven't had any breakage. When I washed today, I lost about two hairs. This is the best no lye relaxer I have tried and I'm sticking to it.

Ladylynn said:
I tried this relaxer on Wednesday. I can't remember when a relaxer came out so good. This is definitely a keeper.

I ended my 5 month stretch this weekend with this relaxer, and my hair has never felt this way after I've done it! It's very soft and not dry at all. I researched a lot of relaxers, and I'm glad I decided on this one. :D

HoneyDew said:
And that kit is for 2 applications?!?! They really need to put in more shampoo!!

I didn't see anything that indicated this could be used for 2 applications like other perms: two of everything, half mark on the jar and activator, etc. I just assumed it was for one application and threw away what I didn't use. Paying $7-8 for a perm every 4-5 months is still better than what I used to pay at the salon, especially considering the results I got. Great stuff!!

Doremie13 said:
I didn't see anything that indicated this could be used for 2 applications like other perms: two of everything, half mark on the jar and activator, etc. I just assumed it was for one application and threw away what I didn't use. Paying $7-8 for a perm every 4-5 months is still better than what I used to pay at the salon, especially considering the results I got. Great stuff!!

you're right,i dont think its made for 2 applications.

Hi,

I'm bumping this old thread to see if you all are still happy with your ORS results over time. I want to get something I can stick with over the long haul.

I have narrowed my search down between this and Mizani Fine / Color treated.

I'm just worried about the calcium build up over time which causes dryness with long term use. So if I'm trying to retain length that could be an issue.

The Lye seems to cause people under processing and scalp burns...

TIA:confused:

AtlantaJJ said:
Hi,

I'm bumping this old thread to see if you all are still happy with your ORS results over time. I want to get something I can stick with over the long haul.

I'm just worried about the calcium build up over time which causes dryness with long term use. So if I'm trying to retain length that could be an issue.

I used no-lye self relaxers for a long time years ago, and I don't remember having any relaxer-related dryness issues (but back then, I probably wouldn't have known the difference). My stylist has been using Design Essentials lye on me for the past 5 or so years, and I've noticed that my hair has been dry. Go figure! Of course, I wasn't treating my hair nearly as good as I am now. My next relaxer will either be this ORS or the Silk Elements lye....I'm still deciding. Both seem to have such wonderful reviews!

Earlier in this discussion someone was mentioning that ORS has a bottle of their neutralilizer in a bottle. Does anyone know the name of it or where it can be purchased?

kitkat3ny said:
Earlier in this discussion someone was mentioning that ORS has a bottle of their neutralilizer in a bottle. Does anyone know the name of it or where it can be purchased?

Creamy Aloe Shampoo. I've seen it in Target, Walgreens and Eckerd. I think it can be purchase in just about any drugstore. Target actually has it on sale for $4.14. HTH!!! :)

I'm loving ORS Olive Oil Relaxer. I've used it twice, and the results just keep getting better and better. :love: :love: I used the regular formula and there was no burning whatsoever. The Creamy Aloe Shampoo and ORS Replinishing Pak just put it right over the top!!! I won't be looking for any other relaxer any time soon.

This is what I used in June when I touched up and wha I will be using from now on. lovley results no burning smells really good too.

I used this about 4 weeks ago, and fell in love up untill then I had been getting my hair relaxed at the salon using mizani, which is good, however I feel comfortable with ORS, and will be doing it again,

Just before I comment, I am kinda new here. I used ORS recently and I loved it. I have a very sensitive scalp but I didn't get burnt with this relaxer. I have used Revlon, Creme of Nature and Optima in the past. The only thing is that my hair stylist thought this was a lee-way for her to just marinate my hair so the hair was bone straight which I know some people like but I prefer for my hair not to be that straight

AtlantaJJ said:
Hi,

I'm still happy with it. I used this years ago consistently until last year when I started seeing a stylist again. I just switched back to this December 2005. As far as the calcium build-up...the Creamy Aloe Shampoo will take care of that, I use it 1x per month for this purpose.

Yes I started using this product about 1 year in a half ago on my daughters hair and her hair, as grown so much from using it. I love this perm and would recommend it to others.

So no one has had their hair dry out due to this no-lye relaxer? I would be willing to try it if it is true. Every no-lye over time would dry my hair out, even Gentle Treatment which worked ok for me because it was gentle but over time my hair would dry and it was always under processed.

So now I can't decide between the ORS Lye and the Silk Elements Lye because I've heard good things about both of them.

So now I can't decide between the ORS Lye and the Silk Elements Lye because I've heard good things about both of them.

I was torn between the two of these also...I finally decided on ORS lye because I read a lot of posts where people were complaining about reversion with the Silk Elements. :nono: Unfortunately I won't be relaxing until Late March/early April so I can't offer a review.

I was torn between the two of these also...I finally decided on ORS lye because I read a lot of posts where people were complaining about reversion with the Silk Elements. :nono: Unfortunately I won't be relaxing until Late March/early April so I can't offer a review.

Another thing too is that ORS Lye is so hard to find in person, If I decide to get it, I think imma have to order it online

Back