Review-Capilo Milk and Honey Shampoo & Conditioner

jainygirl

First let me start with the Capilo Milk and Honey Conditioner since this review will be short. The Review--- If you've used Queen Helene Cholesterol, You've used Capilo Milk and Honey Conditioner...It's almost the EXACT same product---even down to the scent. I had to look at the container to make sure it wasnt the same thing. Anyway the conditioner was so-so.... i only use my Cholesterol once a month at the most because i dont like the 'hard' way it sorta leaves my hair. Anyway bottom line is i'll stick to my Cholesterol but i'll keep using the Capilo until it runs out
smile.gif
The good news is i bought it for $1.50 for an 8 once jar at Sickbay(it's usually 6.00 i think for 8oz---yeah i really dodged a bullet this time
laugh.gif
) So at least it wasnt a huge waste, but i'll stick to getting almost 3times the amount of Cholesterol (20oz for 2.99) for half the price of the Capilo.
smile.gif

Now the Capilo Milk and Honey Shampoo...I almost liked this stuff when i first put it on, it felt similar to my beloved CON....then i realized this stuff as ZERO slip and my hair felt totally stripped--it basically is a clarifying shampoo--so i figured oh well...i'll just consider this my clarifying shampoo for the month. Of course like any trooper i was prepared with my CON within reach. I still shampooed with the Capilo and then followed up with my CON (EXCELLENT slip that con-- gotta love it
grin.gif
)

I was so ready to get on here and blast this stuff... i had to rub my hands together to stop from typing while i waited....then IT happened. I went to part my hair to spray my oil sheen on after blowdrying and before i could spray one bit i realized my scalp was so freakin clean that it was shining
laugh.gif
This shampoo had my scalp super clean --and this is with almost 9 weeks of new growth and i'm someone that has a dry scalp--even after shampooing i will notice a dry patch here and there. So i will definitely be keeping this shampoo and using it once a month to keep my scalp free of buildup and so that my CON will give me even better results. CON is great but it does give you a buildup. I notice that the results from my CON are even better after using this shampoo. So even though it's not worth it for regular shampooing($6.50 16oz) this stuff wasnt a TOTAL bust
smile.gif

I did not purchase this one since I had so many bottles of Suave Milk & Honey I see I did not miss out.
Thanks for the review.

thanks for posting this review, I saw that price and wanted to try it bc it sounded good, but u just saved me some money, especially with shipping. good looking out!:)

I have used it and liked it fairly well. It detangles nicely, gives a nice sheen and makes your hair nicely soft. I won't re- purchase it due to the fact that I have other conditioners I like better, but all in all, not a bad conditioner for me.

Jainygirl,

I bought the conditioner because of the awesome price as well. What I did was warm it up for like 30 seconds and then used as a CO wash. I find it works better that way.
smile.gif

Yeah, I've read the ingredients for the dominican shampoos and the only one I've bought is the Rysell Coconut.

[ QUOTE ]
Twenti9 said:
Jainygirl,

I bought the conditioner because of the awesome price as well. What I did was warm it up for like 30 seconds and then used as a CO wash. I find it works better that way.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea
think.gif
i hadnt thought of this since i dont do too many CO washes but this is definitely something i will try
smile.gif

Back