Reversion or new growth?

Kari107

I relaxed my hair on July 10 so about 4 weeks ago. Yesterday I was parting my hair and realized I had about 2 inches of curly hair at the root. My hair grows fast but I can't have THAT much new growth, it's just too soon. So my guess is that my relaxer reverted. I've never had this happen before so I don't know what to do:nono:. Any suggestions laddies? Also would using a stronger relaxer next time help avoid this?

Relaxers don't revert, it would have always had to have been overprocessed. I had this problem once; but I had got some vaseline on the NG when basing my scalp, so it slowed down the relaxer. I knew it was underprocessed because it was a looser pattern than my hair usually is. Eventually I upped the relaxer strength, but still get a SLIGHT underprocess. Alot of people say they underprocess with my relaxer brand, too though. HTH.

which relaxer are you using?

I use ORS no lye regular

Relaxers don't revert, it would have always had to have been overprocessed. I had this problem once; but I had got some vaseline on the NG when basing my scalp, so it slowed down the relaxer. I knew it was underprocessed because it was a looser pattern than my hair usually is. Eventually I upped the relaxer strength, but still get a SLIGHT underprocess. Alot of people say they underprocess with my relaxer brand, too though. HTH.

The strange this is that when I first got the relaxer it seemed straight that's why I figured it was maybe reversion. I think I'm going to use a super relaxer next time. By the way that relaxer do you use?

I relaxed my hair on July 10 so about 4 weeks ago. Yesterday I was parting my hair and realized I had about 2 inches of curly hair at the root. My hair grows fast but I can't have THAT much new growth, it's just too soon. So my guess is that my relaxer reverted. I've never had this happen before so I don't know what to do:nono:. Any suggestions laddies? Also would using a stronger relaxer next time help avoid this?

I always had this problem until I used Mizani's Sensitive Scalp Relaxer. You have to smooth it in real well, but it works for me.

I'm wondering what should I do for the remaining curly hair. Should I apply relaxer to that hair next time also or is that too much?

I'm wondering what should I do for the remaining curly hair. Should I apply relaxer to that hair next time also or is that too much?

I would apply it to that area, but I wouldn't leave it in for as long as the others.

I use ORS no lye regular

The strange this is that when I first got the relaxer it seemed straight that's why I figured it was maybe reversion. I think I'm going to use a super relaxer next time. By the way that relaxer do you use?

:lachen::lachen:I'm laughing because I used ORS No-Lye Regular and the same thing happened to me, it seemed straight but by the next wash day it wasn't. I switched to Super.

:lachen::lachen:I'm laughing because I used ORS No-Lye Regular and the same thing happened to me, it seemed straight but by the next wash day it wasn't. I switched to Super.

Whew... I thought I was going crazy for a moment:spinning: because it looked straight and now it's not. I guess it's a ORS thing then.

Whew... I thought I was going crazy for a moment:spinning: because it looked straight and now it's not. I guess it's a ORS thing then.

Yeah I think it is, because I leave it on longer than recommended:look: and I heard other people saying the same thing; I stick with it though, because I'd rather be underprocessed with one relaxer than get overprocessed with a new one

Back