Results please...

naturalgurl

Not trying to bite off the "What are you doing to your hair 3/29-3/30" thread but I want to hear the results. I read some intersesting things people were going to do and I'd like to see if this would be something I'd like to try. So results please...

Starting with me, I did henna with indigo. My hair feels like piano wire. Super strong and crazy thick. This is my second henna and it was like this the first time. After two or three days I had this luscsious, thick, shiny, bouncy mane. I'm in love with henna. Before I applied the henna I made a pre conditioning concoction. I melted raw shea, olive oil and coconut oil. I then added a touch of glycerin, almond oil and some garlic water(cut up garlic clove put in 2 tbs. distilled water and nuked for 30 secs.) I sat under my thermal cap for 45 min and left on with bag for 7 hours. Meanwhile my henna was mixed and waiting. My hair does look a tad bit darker than the first time. Now my worry is how do I keep my hair black without making me look pale? Will the indigo keep making my hair darker? Can I just alternate doing indigo and just plain henna? If I do that, will my hair have a reddish tint??? Anyways, I have it smothered in coconut oil and shea. My hair feels alive on my head. I'm waiting for the next two days to see what lusciousness comes forth! Soooo, your results....

I did an oil rinse (vatika, alma, brahmi and olive oil) followed by a washing with my newly purchased shikakai bar. My hair feels wonderful, soft, and even bouncy. I didn't even have to use conditioner afterwards-my hair was just that soft :grin:

ugh, i had a bad hair weekend. usually i co-wash at night, set my hair in flexirods, airdry, and take them out in the a.m.

my weekend consisted of two days in a row of going to bed extremely late, getting up extremely early, and having to blow-dry my damp roller sets that didn't take :sad:

I had been getting some breakage for the past few weeks. I used the ION Emergency Service kit (Sally's Beauty) according to the directions and then I did a deep condition (no heat) with Lustrasilk Shea Butter topped with their Olive Oil Cholesterol Conditioners for about an hour.

Guess what?!

No more breakage!! I am soooo happy. And my hair is not all dried out like with Aphogee.

I am very happy. :yep:

I tried a new product for my d/c. I have been a little protein happy lately so I tried the Redken Butter Treat. I left it on for about 20 minutes. I did tell a difference while my hair was wet but once it dried :love: My hair was very soft and it feels so good. I only bought the sample size so the next time it goes on sale at Ulta, I might go ahead and get a full size tube.

What is this curlisto method you speak of? :lol: :look:

I did a Caramel Treatment.....left my hair super supple and soft, as usual.

it's a method for curl definition.

here's a video:

Curlisto Method

(hope that works)

edit:
i'm actually thinking of trying it.

i dont think i need a diffuser to do it...haha...i'd rather let it dry naturally and see how it comes out.

Last edited:
it's a method for curl definition.

here's a video:

Curlisto Method

(hope that works)

i may try it sometime if i get a good blowdryer w/ a diffuser.

Ladykaypnyc: did you use the curlisto products? or did you subsitute other products when using the "method"

Intteeerrresting. I want to know what products you used too, LadyKay!

i co washed for the very first time. and i used HE LTR. it was soooooo relaxing and soft and yummy:lick::grin:

Thank you!!

ETA: Oh, WOW!!! That did come out very nice - I might try that when I have a lil more hair.....

i'm actually thinking of trying it tomorrow morning lol.

my hair isnt as long as hers, but whatever
i'm just going to slap a headband or something on anyway.

I washed and conditioned and flat ironed my hair with my maxiglide.

I used Fantasia Frizz Buster Silky Smooth Straightening creme and chi silk infusion for heat protectants.

The results are in my avatar.

super early this morning (around 2am :look:), i did a henna treatment. i then did my weekly shampoo, condish & DC. my hair doesn't feel as soft as it typically does. i think it's because i used henna; it doesn't usually dry my hair out badly but my hair just isn't as soft as it should be.

for the first time ever, i'll be putting in neat tiny twists today (lord help me :nono:).

Back