Removing Demi Permanent?

Champagne

I used Natural Instincts demi permanent black in May and it said that it would come out after about 28 washes.

Well, I thought that around this time I would see my usual hair colour coming back - but it is still all black!!!

Is there anyway/tricks to get the colour out faster?

charmj said:
I used Natural Instincts demi permanent black in May and it said that it would come out after about 28 washes.

Well, I thought that around this time I would see my usual hair colour coming back - but it is still all black!!!

Is there anyway/tricks to get the colour out faster?

Guuurrrrrrlllllll! I read your post and was like:eek: . I used Natural Instincts in March and my hair is still black too! You can actually see where my new growth is my normal color (dark brown) and then black at the demarcation line. I don't want it to come out though, I like the color and it's very glossy but...

I THOUGH IT WOULD COME OUT IN 28 SHAMPOOS!:eek: :eek:

OMIGOD i used the same thing on Good Friday and my hair is still black. I'm not bothered by it though but it has my hair kind of dry.

There is something called a color remover. But from my recollection it's very harsh and I don't know if it "bleaches" your hair and removes all the color or just removes the dye.

ETA:
uncolor_perm.jpg

It removes ALL COLOR!

Last edited:
crlsweetie912 said:
There is something called a color remover. But from my recollection it's very harsh and I don't know if it "bleaches" your hair and removes all the color or just removes the dye.

ETA:
uncolor_perm.jpg

It removes ALL COLOR!

If it's harsh, I don't think my hair can handle it ....

charmj said:
Yep ... it got my hair in a dry, crispy mess !!!

Okay I see I'm not the only one. I dc every week and my hair still seems dry. Maybe my color will come out when I relax again. I guess this dye is the culprit for my dryness.

The color remover does remove the pigment from your hair first, then you can use whatever to recolor it. They tell me you may suffer terrible consequences. Usually when I get a relaxer my demi comes out but then again I usually use L'oreal.

I don't know!

Charm, what is your natural color? Can you do some DC's to put some moisture back in?

I have been doing DC's and CW every week, I used Ors mayo, JBCO,olive oil, ORS olive oil, elasta dpr - even grease ....

Still feels fried ...

ETA: natural hair color is dark brown - I haven't done a relaxer since the demi, maybe this will take it out(crosses fingers)

Last edited:
Back