Remington Tourmaline Dryer - Best Ever!

carpediem628

I purchased a Remington Tourmaline hair dryer for $39.99 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond because I did not want to shell out over $200 for a T3 Tourmaline dryer.

I figured I'd try it and return it if I didn't like it.

Let me tell you - I am soooo in love with this dryer. It truly conditions your hair. When I am finished drying my hair, it is infused with so much moisture that it still feels damp, but its not. My hair is so soft and soooo shiny and healthy feeling - it is unbelievable.

I kid you not. My hair comes out so soft and strong looking that I don't need to use my CHI or Maxiglide on the weekends. During the week, I always straighten it for work. And even then, using my Maxiglide, it literally takes me only 5 minutes to straighten using a very low setting.

The dryer does not use hot heat. The heat is actually only luke warm which is probably why the hairs retains so much moisture. I've always used dryer with 1875 wattage, but I realize that the key is low heat.

Using this dryer, I am no longer afraid to blow dry my hair. It comes out feeling healthier than it did before I actually blow dried it!!

Thanks for posting this. I am on the market for a new hair dryer because I am going back to blow drying my roots after a roller set but my hair suffered from past blowdryers. Right now I use a Blackbird and that thing is hot enough to burn a hole through a wall so I would like something diffrent.

I used it alone. It comes with a concentrator nozzle and a diffuser. I use vent brush as I blow dry.

Try it Glossy, you won't be dissapointed.

BrwnSuga - yes, my hair is relaxed. I just can't describe how happy I am.

I am one of those people who shampoo or co-wash, then blow dry almost daily. I started getting concerned when my started being very dry after blow drying and then started breaking off. Actually, while blow drying, there were times that I could smell burnt hair! So I went on a quest for a solution because air drying does not work for me. As a matter of fact, after air drying, my hair was often very fragile and would come out something terrible.

I heard about the T3 Tourmaline and it sounded perfect. I was willing to spend $200 on it, but I could not get my hands on one. They were sold out everywhere. Thank God! I would have never discovered the Tourmaline by Remington otherwise.

There is something about this new technology that is amazing. Its true when I tell you that after blow drying my hair, that I sometimes think it is still damp because it is soooo soft and sooo moisturized. I turn the dryer off and wait a minute, then touch my hair to make sure, and sure enough, my hair is dry.

And I just love the way it looks - sooo healthy!!

I am really happy for you! Sounds great! I will def be purchasing this puppy in the near future. I hope it works as well on my hair. I always keep my cheapie blow dryer on the cool setting (which helps alot). But since this one doesn't emit tons of heat I should be cool..we shall see. I will post an update once I try it! Thanks again!

Thanks for the info. Bed Bath and Beyond always send me coupons to the house and I throw them away. I might just keep the next one and try out the dryer.

Ms_Twana said:
Is this the dryer you are talking about??? I can't seem to find one that is titled Remington Tourmaline.

bumpity bumpI'm interested....I need a new blowdryer. Is it ionic?

I purchased the Remington Tourmaline TStudio blowdryer (the one in the above pic) yesterday....I hope I got the right one carpediem628. It's pretty light weight and it doesn't blow too hot....I love that! I can't wait to try it out in full on wash day!

Last edited:
I did go buy it, and use it. I don't wear my hair straight, so I don't really blowdry, but I tested it on a little part that was still damp. And it felt great. That's how you know I'm a PJ, I barely use dryers, yet I just HAD to go get this one!!! :lachen:

ETA: But I do plan to use the diffuser once I BC and do wash 'n go's.

Is anyone else using this dryer? I bought it awhile back and like it since like the topic starter said it doesn't get too hot at all, only warm. But at the same time it's powerful and dries my hair quickly. I only use it after shampooing my hair and preparing for a henna treatment, but so far I like it and want to use it more often.

It's so funny you mentioned this dryer. One of my roommates has it and I was thinking, "that is one cute dryer." I only use heat to blow out my roots so I thought I wouldn't need to buy yet another dryer. Needless to say, I'm on amazon.com tempted to buy one. :drunk:

So what is it about the tourmaline technology that makes this safer to use on the hair? Anyone know?

ETA: I didn't buy the Remington dryer, but I got an ionic-tourmaline dryer from Sally's (Ion brand), and I got similar results. Very moisturized hair after blow drying and then ran a Maxiglide through it and I'm in love!

Can anyone speak to long-term effects of these dryers? I'm interested in incorporating heat back into my regimen and I think I can safely do it - without breakage - by following this routine.

Last edited:
I wonder if bed bath and beyond still carries this dryer. If so i will be purchasing today. I have a job interview on Thursday and I must be on point.

Bre~Bre, where's your review?

Good morning Snuckles :)

Here is my review:

After my washing and conditioning and detangling i started up with the blowdryer. I normally always use my regular blowdryer with the comb attachment. Well of course this one only has the diffuser and nozzle option. I took a hint from pinkskates and used the stretch the hair and blowdry method. I pulled a small section tautly and ran the blow dryer up and down the length until dry. I used the dryer on the medium heat option by the way. Each section was dry in not time.

Once i was all done my hair didn't feel dried out like it normally can from using the regular blowdryer. This was a great thing. After flatironing I could tell a difference in the smoothness of my hair. I'm not saying that this blowdryer made a ginormous difference, but it did make one. I think that if i can perfect the way i blowdry it will make the experience a better one overall.

All in all, I think i will stick with this blowdryer. I am pleased with the results and would definitely recommend it.

Back