Remember Surge Revitalizer Plus 14 Growth Spray

Incognitus

Remember when this product came along...and the dropped off the face of the earth?

Well, about two years ago, I found some overseas and a few left at a small store in a country town. I bought about 5 bottles and used all but 2. I was cleaning out my large product baskets (recovering PJ) and found them. Can I still use the remaining two after all this time? :perplexed

Here are the ingredients:
Water, Cetrimonium CHioride, Propylene, Glycol, Muccopolysacharides, Hydorlyzed Keratin Protein, Hydrolized Vegetable Protein, Polyquatemium-7, Biotin, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Sodium PCA.

Yeah, that thing made my hair grow like madness. I'm talking 11/2'' in 1 month. Thats super abnormal for me. I hope it's still good, u could check the bottle to see ifit has an expiration date on it. Good Luck

i bought 3 bottles back in '09 from a member here that found them at a BSS. i still have one bottle left & i'm going to use it.

Lol I remember I was fiending to try this when I heard about it on the boards...Heard about it too late tho (after it mysteriously disappeared), and refused to pay the ridiculous prices people were trying to sell it for on ebay

I still have half a bottle of this stuff that I brought a couple of years ago, personally I found that the surge ultra max grew my hair a lot more than the revitalizer. Still can't understand why it disappeared :(

It worked for me too, but soon this thread will have the naysayers, who claims that it is nothing but urine in a bottle, blah blah blah....ad naseum, hurts my feelings :cry2: and makes me not want to admit that I bought 5 bottles at a ridiculous price; but you know what it works for me and it's my money; the problem now is I have so many OTHER products to try and I have been really lazy with my hair since January. I haven't taken care of my hair like I should, no biweekly steam, no daily moisturizing just nada, and boy did I pay for it. Shedding like crazy. I am going to go back on all of my fun bandwaggons again.

OMG! I remember this :lol:... I remember going on a goose hunt and getting super excited when I finally found it in the bss :lol:. It was such a hit on this board! I liked that it was watery and not oily. I don't remember having any adverse effect from it at all. I think I didn't stick w/ it long enough. I do remember giving a bottle to my cousin and she was emphatic that it was making her hair grown in. i can't even say it was a placebo effect for her b/c she didn't know what the heck it was at first b/c I was always giving her hair products :lol:. She came back to me and said "Britt, what's this?

I do wonder why they took it off the shelves.

Oh the good old Surge 14. I remember purchasing and shipping it to members when I found it at the BSS here in Michigan. Just doing my due diligence for my sisters in hair. Don't know why the company no longer made it but I will say I bought all I could when it was available.

Wow. I sooo remember it as well!!! I wish I could get my hands on some now. It grew my hair when it was damaged with a relaxer, I can only imagine what it could do now with my healthy hair.

Remember when this product came along...and the dropped off the face of the earth?

Well, about two years ago, I found some overseas and a few left at a small store in a country town. I bought about 5 bottles and used all but 2. I was cleaning out my large product baskets (recovering PJ) and found them. Can I still use the remaining two after all this time? :perplexed

Here are the ingredients:
Water, Cetrimonium CHioride, Propylene, Glycol, Muccopolysacharides, Hydorlyzed Keratin Protein, Hydrolized Vegetable Protein, Polyquatemium-7, Biotin, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Sodium PCA.

It should be ok to use. Most products are studied for stability. Most seem to last well over 5 years without a definite "bad" date.

This is what I was wondering. Does anyone know the name of the manufacturer?

mzteazeThe name of the company is C&L USA (Philadelphia PA). I called this company a few years ago. The lady wouldn't tell me why they stopped making it.

Here is the phone number that is listed on one of my Surge bottles: 1-888-816-8144

Last edited:
Yup, I noticed a difference i hair growth when using this product. I used it in my relaxer days, so it was much easier to track growth. It was such a light spray that I used it constantly.

I also called the company a few years ago and the lady told me that they planned on selling it again soon, but couldn't give a date. That was several years ago, so needless to say, I don't think it's coming back.

I can only think that something was wrong with the formula and that's why they stopped making it. I mean, why would a company voluntarily stop making a product that sells so well. I can only think:

a) There were product/formula concerns or dangers
b) The person who owns the formula (if a person and not the company), decided to part with the company.
c) The product was so successful that it decreased the sale of the rest of their product line.

Again, these are all suppositions, and may not have any validity at all...lol

mzteazeThe name of the company is C&L USA (Philadelphia PA). I called this company a few years ago. The lady wouldn't tell me why they stopped making it.

Here is the phone number that is listed on one of my Surge bottles: 1-888-816-8144

Platinum Thanks!! I will try to do a little investigating myself.

Sometimes companies just go out of business, unfortunately for us. When I find any of this line of stuff,excluding the shampoo I snap it up. Great products, I must say. If anyone has this and is willing to sell it for a reasonable price---hook a sista up!!! :)

Well I called, they definitely do NOT make it any longer and will not be making it again. No reasons were provided by the Asian person who answered the phone.

I even asked if we could contract them out to make the product again (they are contract manufacturers) - to which she said no. So unless you can find it on some dusty shelf in a BSS, we won't see this one again.

Sorry.

I wonder why they didn't re-market it......

People like me had extreme reactions to the stuff. Maybe they went bankrupt or something. That stuff gave me a serious chemical burn like reaction! My scalp was black, peely, scaly & nasty! When I told them they tried to send me free product, that I sold......

People like me had extreme reactions to the stuff. Maybe they went bankrupt or something. That stuff gave me a serious chemical burn like reaction! My scalp was black, peely, scaly & nasty! When I told them they tried to send me free product, that I sold......

yikes...:blush:

Last edited:
Well I called, they definitely do NOT make it any longer and will not be making it again. No reasons were provided by the Asian person who answered the phone.

I even asked if we could contract them out to make the product again (they are contract manufacturers) - to which she said no. So unless you can find it on some dusty shelf in a BSS, we won't see this one again.

Sorry.

Wow. :sad: I was really hoping it would come back. There was a thread posted where someone had a homemade Surge recipe. If I find it, I'll post it.

Sorry to hear about that.:sad: It worked well for so many people.

Yep i knew someone on here that used it and we took pics of the giant scale flakes that came off her scalp the were the size of quarters. Some folks were mad at the pics. We were just trying to be informative.

Back