Relaxing & Weave Install... HELP!

Ebony Majesty

I'm planning on getting a sew in done next week, however, my hair needs to be relaxed before that.

How long do you wait after relaxing your hair, to get a sew-in?

Last edited:
I agree with bmore. Have you thought of just relaxing the part that will be left out? That is what I did before my last install. My hair in the cornrows has not been relaxed since dec.

sassyhair said:
I agree with bmore. Have you thought of just relaxing the part that will be left out? That is what I did before my last install. My hair in the cornrows has not been relaxed since dec.

I've never tried that but my best friend does it. And she says it works for her. IDK what her hair looks like though. As of this month she's officially been weaved up a whole year. Her bangs looked the same length to me the other night but that could be due to her leaving it out.

sassyhair said:

hmmm, now that's interesting. I might consider that, however it depends on how long I will be able to stand having a weave

I agree with what the other ladies said. I would only relax the part of your hair that is going to be exposed. Freshly relaxed hair can be too fragile to support the wieght of the hair and your scalp is going to be pretty sensitive also. Even if you only keep the weave in for a short period of time the rest of your hair can always be relaxed later... just pay really close attention so that there is no overlap on your recently relaxed hair. HTH :)

Back