Relaxer Update - With Pitchas...

exoticmommie

I always do updates late at night, but that is when I have time to finally finish my hair. The girls keep me constantly busy.

DH relaxed my hair. Then I washed rinsed repeat washed rinsed. Put in 2min protein treatment (I usually do this before I wash but I forgot). Then I put conditioner in. Rinsed some if it out. Went to the gym while I had a chance, with a wet and wavy ponytail. It dried very nicely. Then I came back home. Put in my Lady Fior cellophane rinse. Let that sit for some hours (longer than I expected because my little ladies) rinsed it out then I did a deep condition (also longer than expected because I had to cook and tend to my ladies). Finally put them to bed, then wrapped my hair, put on a hair wrap net and sat under the dryer and checked here and FB. Once dry I combed it out, and it looked like I blow dried it. My hair hates blow drying so this is a great alternative.

Flat ironed it and then had DH take off an inch. I was kinda sad, but one side was still longer than the other and the middle was kind see through (it had been like this before but it seems the longer it is the more noticeable it gets), so it was like 1/2 inch on one side and 1 inch on the other.

Here is my starting point. (Oct 08)

Startofhairjourney.jpg

Hair After wrap taken down and combed down.

SAM_2025.jpg

Hair after straightened, before trim
Was nearing APL. :sad:

SAM_2029before.jpg

Hair After Trim

SAM_2032med.jpg

SAM_2034.jpg

ETA: I am glad I did the trim, after looking in the mirror again, letting go of the straggly ends has made my hair fuller. :)

Last edited:
I love it and I'm so jelous that your dh relaxes and trims u! So I need tips on getting mine to do that. thanks in advance lol

Great progress!

You don't look that far from APL either. I bet you'll make it there before the end of the year! :yep:

I love it and I'm so jelous that your dh relaxes and trims u! So I need tips on getting mine to do that. thanks in advance lol

What kinda tips. :look::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I put him on a timer, and I section it off for him. And I tell him which sections to do first. (I always have to tell him) Middle first, back, then front.

As for trims, I have him comb the hair and then trim along the combs bottom.

Great progress!

You don't look that far from APL either. I bet you'll make it there before the end of the year! :yep:

Thanks! :grin:

And I am hoping

Nice progress! You hair looks nice and full. Are you tall? Or do you have a long neck? Because even though you are not APL, you hair looks "long".

Your hair is gorge! Looks thick and healthy. And it looks like you're still really close to APL even after the trim

Wonderful progress!

I love the way you take care of your family, excercise, and do your hair. I keep telling my friends that it can be done!

We are not superwomen, we just know how to handle our business! Keep it up!

Loving the hair! It's really great that your DH is on board with you and your health journey. Keep up the amazing work!

Dang it now I want to do a length check.

Love your results!! What relaxer did you use? I love the tex-laxed results and your progress is OUTSTANDING!!!! Congrats!!

Back