Relaxer update-almost BSL! Pics!

shadylane21

Hey ladies I haven't posted in awhile in here but I wanted to show my update pics. I started my journey in sep of 07 at this
IMG_4447-vi.jpg

I searched the internet looking to find out if it was possible for a black girl to have long hair and what did I find? You ladies:yep:! With your help I decided that my goal would be APL and then when I reached that it was BSL! I never would of thunk it, so here are my almost BSL pics after a relaxer and flat iron. It didn't get as straight as I wanted but oh well.

IMG_0201-vi.jpg

IMG_0202-vi.jpg

IMG_0196-vi.jpg

IMG_0182-vi.jpg

IMG_0179-vi.jpg

Please tell me why I STILL FEEL LIKE MY HAIR IS SHORT? REALLY! When will I think its long?

You are making excellent progress. I remember when you first started your journey:yep:

Keep up the good work!

Oh, and your little girl is too adorable:drunk:

Hey ladies I haven't posted in awhile in here but I wanted to show my update pics. I started my journey in sep of 07 at this
IMG_4447-vi.jpg

I searched the internet looking to find out if it was possible for a black girl to have long hair and what did I find? You ladies:yep:! With your help I decided that my goal would be APL and then when I reached that it was BSL! I never would of thunk it, so here are my almost BSL pics after a relaxer and flat iron. It didn't get as straight as I wanted but oh well.

IMG_0201-vi.jpg

IMG_0202-vi.jpg

IMG_0196-vi.jpg

IMG_0182-vi.jpg

IMG_0179-vi.jpg

Please tell me why I STILL FEEL LIKE MY HAIR IS SHORT? REALLY! When will I think its long?

What you are suffering from is Hair Anorexia. It's a common affliction on this board. There was some talk of starting a chapter of HAA--Hair Anorexics Anonymous.

I personally think you should just let it grow until you think it's long!:look::grin::look:

Thank you for posting - your hair looks fabulous! :) Even so your hair looked very healthy to begin with.

GREAT INSPIRATION!!! Your hair looks GREAT! To me this is looooong- BUT, I'll probably come down with HA once I am at BSL myself

But, would you mind sharing your reggie with us??

Your hair IS long!! I think the reason why you feel that it is short is coz you are used to the lenght. If you went from your starting length to your current lenght over night you would feel the difference, but hair growth is graudal, and you become accustomed to your length. Your are almost BSL!!! Great progress!!

Very nice progress! Keep going! Soon, you'll feel like your hair is "long enough". But I can total relate. I think my hair is short too.

Great progress! You think your hair is short because you have hairnorexia. It's something many of us here suffer from. :)

GREAT INSPIRATION!!! Your hair looks GREAT! To me this is looooong- BUT, I'll probably come down with HA once I am at BSL myself

But, would you mind sharing your reggie with us??

First off thank you ladies so much for ll the great kudos:grouphug:! I never though my hair could be this length! I self relaxed with mizani regular and it was a pain in the butt because I was 12 weeks post and my hair is longer now, I think I will go to the salon for the next one, just because it was such a hassle I don't know we'll see, I still have a half a tub of relaxer so maybe when I finish that.

As far as my reggie it has changed sinc I started. For the most part I try to do protective styles but I lave it down on the weekends sometimes when I work. I usually bun or wig it up, oh and phony ponies! As far as washig I go back and forth, Some weeks I co-wash everyday other weeks I co-wash 3 times a week it depends on what I have going on that week and if i need to look polished or if I can get away with a WNG which I am starting to get the hang of.

I try to streatch my relaxer to 10-12 weeks anything longer for me starts problems. I D/C atleast once a week with one of my various products lol! But I love ORS or silk elements I also love Aussie moist cond. for slip.

I do comb my hair using my shower comb. I comb anywhere from everyday to every 3-4 days when I am bunning. When brushing I use a paddle brush. I detangle under the shower with cond.

I moisterize daily with either LTR or aussie har insurance sealed with parachute coconut oil or vatika coconut oil. I also love ORS olive oil or carrot oil and a little goes a long way.

As far as heat I try to use sparingly, maybe once a month I will blow dry and flat iron with heat protectant.

I hope this helps sorry so long.

Back