Relaxer update-almost BSL! Pics!

You did one of the best hair relaxer vids so far. I wish more would do them. I took a lot of tips from you. I want to go to home relaxers. I have a SIL who does them so I can start saving money and my stylists from chopping my ends.

Yes, please wear your hair in the ponytail.

Congratulations.

I will rate you in a bit.

You did one of the best hair relaxer vids so far. I wish more would do them. I took a lot of tips from you. I want to go to home relaxers. I have a SIL who does them so I can start saving money and my stylists from chopping my ends.

Yes, please wear your hair in the ponytail.

Congratulation
TY! That is such a great compliment! I started self relaxing for the samr reason! Stylist just want to cut off your hair so they can get that extra money! Practice with condish first and you'll feel more comfy for the ral thing.

I will rate you in a bit.

Congrats girly..you did a great job! Thanks 4 sharing!
No prob TY!

Congratulations!
TY!

Looking good Lady!
TY!

Congrats on your progress!:congrats: Love that shine!:yep:

Thank you so much!

Congrats!...
TY! I am trying to get to your length! Your hair is GORGEOUS!!!*Snatches ponytail and runs out of thread!*:lachen::lachen:

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TY!

COngratulations on making BSL.
TY!

good job! congrats.
TY! SO MUCH!

Yep, you're definitely BSL! Congrats!
TY!

^^What she said. It is touching the brastrap right now.
TY! It is actually to the end of the bra strap but whos keeping track lol!:lachen:

Yes ma'am. BSL! Nice work!
TY!

What is your regimen? Your relaxed hair looks so healthy!:notworthy I wish for the day when I can have BSL hair!:yep:

Stretching to 12+ weeks really help with length check and progress. Congrats!
It really does! This was my first 12 week stretch and now i'm going for 24 weeks:crossfingers:

Well Alright!!!!!

You made it..girl.

Do you mind if your hair had a talk with my hair..lol
Sure why not lol! I'll see what she can do!:grin:

What is your regimen? Your relaxed hair looks so healthy!:notworthy I wish for the day when I can have BSL hair!:yep:
Thank you so much! You will get there just don't give up!!So here is some info I posted for someone else.
O.K. so when I started my journey I was at your length and no idea what to do! So here is what I learned and what I was told.:yep:

1. Keep your hair up off of your shoulders or it will rub them right off! It summer right now, but in the winter you have to watch out for coats and scarfs as well.

2. Protective styling is your friend! I fell in love with hairzings when I was your length! I had the cutest updos and I loved it!! Bantu knots are also a great option. I also liked to wear phony ponys and falls or full wigs as well. I feel like variety is the spice of life right!

3. Try your best to avoid the heat! I would try to flat iron only 2 times a month and them move it to 1 time a month slowly so you can get use to wearing styles that don't require heat. I would usually keep my hair wrapped for a week and then the next week would be bantu knots and then the next week a pony tail and then the last week i would wear a wig and then start over the rotation.

4. Moisture vs protein balance, I would only use the protein tx once a month and the rest of the time I would be using moisture, this depends on your hair type, but I think you are using to much protein. As for condishes I love a\Aussie moist,ORS,LTR,Redken smooth down,matrix condish balm. Those are just a few that are in my rotation, as I sit here typing this I am d/cing under a dryer with ors in my hair, because I just got done relaxing after a 12 week stretch!

5. Try to stretch your relaxers if you can, because it just lessons the amount of chemicals that you have on your hair, and keeps your hair thicker in my opinion

6. Try not to jump on every bandwagon you see.

7. Be patient your hair will grow just sit back and injoy the ride lol!

8. I wash with shampoo once a month or so other than that I co-wash

9. I use aphogee 2 min once a month

10. Deep condish once a week with or without heat

11. Airdry and tie down edges

12. I will trim when I reach MBL if needed

Way to Grow Shady! You Hair Looks Amazing. Very inspirational Post. And thanks for adding your Regimen. You look Marvelous.:grin:

Back