Relaxer Stretchers Support Thread

I'll be 15 weeks post tomorrow!!! This is my second stretch and the first time I've made it this far so I'm really proud of myself. This weekend I plan on doing a hard protein treatment to prepare for my relaxer next week. I cannot wait to see how much progress I've made. It really wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, and so far I haven't had and adverse reactions. Who knows, maybe next time I'll shoot for 20 weeks. But we'll see how this relaxer goes first :)

16 weeks post yesterday. My hair has become increasingly manageable (sulfur or MN mix nightly) and my hair has done a 180 from the beginning of my HHJ. Conditioning, moisturizing and following my regiment has made this possible.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Well ladies...I think I'm going to end my stretch early I'll be 13 weeks this week and I have a few events coming up where I don't want to be bunning...so I'll be relaxing either Wednesday or Thursday....

I believe henna has "relaxed" my texture--not enough to keep me from ever relaxing but enough to extend my stretch (12 weeks post yesterday). My second stretch this year and I would like to extend this one to the first of the year. that would almost get me to 6 mos. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...I'm henna-ing today. Love the fact that the gray goes away too! :)

My Lions Mane!!!! 2 days shy of 17 weeks post and my hair is sitting sooooo high. I'm at 2.5 inches in some places, 3.5 inches in others... I even measured 5 inches (I think the 5 inch areas are because I under-processed the crown area in my last relaxer) in some areas. I can't wait for this 20 week stretch to cease so I can wet wrap my hair. I'm looking forward to that the most! I haven't used my dryer since about 12 weeks post. Those new rollers are also calling my name. 3.5 weeks to go!

Relaxed yesterday at 13 weeks. I probably would have seen more length if I hadn't been so scissor happy during this stretch but that's okay. I'm going to stick to 12 week stretches for a while

I'm about 13 weeks post and trying to figure out my twist out routine. I wore one today and plan to retwist each night (I sleep too rough for second-day hair).

image-798406476.jpg

These are the products I used

image-542085875.jpg

Finger separated and applied products, lightly combed, twisted and rolled.

image-1233659509.jpg

Shed hair. About normal for me; don't know if that's too much. Some were broken, but most had the bulb. What do you think?

I'll post the outcome in the morning and what it looks like after a full day of work.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Attachments

• image-1915976176.jpg
    image-1915976176.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 52
  • image-652238675.jpg
    image-652238675.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 47
  • image-2118882646.jpg
    image-2118882646.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 54
Coming here for inspiration. I'm 10 weeks post. I usually relax between 10 and 12 weeks. I think I'm going to try to make it to 16 weeks... This is risky because I usually have breakage at that time. I'm hoping plenty of moisture will help.

quirkydimples said:
I'm about 13 weeks post and trying to figure out my twist out routine. I wore one today and plan to retwist each night (I sleep too rough for second-day hair).

Shed hair. About normal for me; don't know if that's too much. Some were broken, but most had the bulb. What do you think?

I'll post the outcome in the morning and what it looks like after a full day of work.

Here are a few shots from this morning:

It's not as defined because it's not on freshly washed or cowashed hair, like this one from two weeks ago:

And this is what I did with that twist out on the third day.

Attachments

• image-1338201648.jpg
    image-1338201648.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 48
  • image-3094762555.jpg
    image-3094762555.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 55
  • image-2717352109.jpg
    image-2717352109.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 51
  • image-411967366.jpg
    image-411967366.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 55
quirkydimples said:

I wish that was all the shed hair I had...your hair must be in great shape! Is your hair mostly dry when you twist?

quirkydimples said:
Here are a few shots from this morning:

It's not as defined because it's not on freshly washed or cowashed hair, like this one from two weeks ago:

And this is what I did with that twist out on the third day.

I love it! Too cute.

Cattypus1 said:
I wish that was all the shed hair I had...your hair must be in great shape! Is your hair mostly dry when you twist?

It's mostly dry. After I cowash, I use a turbie twist and then airdry to about 70 or 80 percent before applying products and twisting. The second day I mist it before retwisting.

I thought I was shedding a lot. I have fur baby tumbleweeds rolling all over my house. My husband says they congregate in corners and are planning a mutiny.

quirkydimples said:
It's mostly dry. After I cowash, I use a turbie twist and then airdry to about 70 or 80 percent before applying products and twisting. The second day I mist it before retwisting.

I thought I was shedding a lot. I have fur baby tumbleweeds rolling all over my house. My husband says they congregate in corners and are planning a mutiny.

Your husband is hilarious!

6 weeks post and not much to show for it- barely half an inch :( winter is drying up my progress. Oh well, that should make this 15 week stretch bearable.

Relaxing next week, so I've decided to do my Aphogee 2-Step tonight... Really excited for my first ever medium-hard protein treatment. My hair will probably thank me! 19 weeks today. Plan to relax at 20 weeks. Just in time for my bday trip to NY :)

I used cassia obovata this evening and I am not so sure about it. I mixed it with warm water and put it on dry hair using an applicator (off brand Sprush) then I put a plastic cap on my head and let it sit for about an hour.

I rinsed it out in the sink as best I could but there were a lot of grains in my hair. I then mixed a cream of nature moisturizing conditioner with some Jamaica black castor oil and some grapeseed oil. I let that sit on my head for about two hours. Then I got in the shower and used Wen 613.

My hair shed more than usual and still felt rough. I let it air dry a bit, m/s'd and put it in two braids. We'll see how it feels in the morning. Did I do something wrong?

quirkydimples said:
I used cassia obovata this evening and I am not so sure about it. I mixed it with warm water and put it on dry hair using an applicator (off brand Sprush) then I put a plastic cap on my head and let it sit for about an hour.

I rinsed it out in the sink as best I could but there were a lot of grains in my hair. I then mixed a cream of nature moisturizing conditioner with some Jamaica black castor oil and some grapeseed oil. I let that sit on my head for about two hours. Then I got in the shower and used Wen 613.

My hair shed more than usual and still felt rough. I let it air dry a bit, m/s'd and put it in two braids. We'll see how it feels in the morning. Did I do something wrong?

I read where someone suggested rinsing first in the bathtub. I thought it might be kind of gross but I found that rinsing henna or any of those grainy products in that way actually works like a champ. It does feel weird but It really does work. After the initial rinse laying in the bathtub then I turn on the shower and use the sprayer. I use some conditioner with really good slip like porosity control or Trader Joes to finish.

Brittster said:
DominicanBrazilian82 what was ur regimen while stretching so long? That's a nice long stretch.

Brittster... What has truly allowed me to soften and detangle my ng is applying my DC relaxer style (focusing on the roots) and using heat to DC at least twice, sometimes three times, a week, for at least an hour each time. I've also been exclusively protective styling since Oct 14th (not long in theory, but long to me). I do a lot of knot-outs and buns.

Prepoo 2x a week (AVG or oil based mix, condish on my hair)

Poo 1x every 7-10 days

Chelate every two weeks; one lather Creamy Aloe, one lather moisturizing shampoo. I actually put the chelating shampoo on top of whatever pre-poo I have in my hair.

Co-wash 2x a week

DC 3x a week (and because I live in FL, wet bunning is easy, so conditioning my hair more often is a breeze)

Air Dry always!

M&S 2x a week

27 weeks post... I NEED to relax thursday because my bday is on Saturday and I want my hair to be NICE.

Back