Relaxer stretchers, how do you manage your new growth and still do daily co-washes?

MsTiffanie

I attempted to do daily co-washes last week and let me tell you my momma thought i was a fool:whyme:

I normally only get relaxers twice a year but my hair has been growing alot faster (so are my nails) im about 5 months post.

I thought about going natural :lachen: thats a joke after seein how i look with these cowashes my ponytail was so thick. I even attempted rollersetting twice last week. . .even bigger joke new growth galore.

Re: Relaxer stretchers, how do you manage your new growth and still do daily co-washe

I am 3 months post. I will be having my Relaxer Affrim applied on 9-16-08:grin:. I am so used to it now. I have been stretching for oen Year:grin:.

How do I manage my new growth:

I pre-poo, wash, and DC my hair once a week it is an all day event.
I moisturize 2x daily with Cantu Shea Butter Break Cure.
I drink lots of water and massage my hair daily.
If I must blow dry I might only do it 2 per month. I really do not have to do that I can just put my hair in a beautiful braid out and lightly put on Vaitika oil (sp??) My hair has just been doing so well.

In 2009-2010, I will be going into 6 month relaxers :grin: Cannot wait!:yep:

Re: Relaxer stretchers, how do you manage your new growth and still do daily co-washe

I stretched all summer, and unless I do the overnight scarf method everynight, my buns are a joke. I did braidouts all summer, with daily cowashed, only detangling once a week. I also made sure to apply my DC like a relaxer. HTH.

A key thing to me is the protein/mositure balance. When I was stretching and using the Mill Creek Jojoba Con my hair was always soft and very managable.

Also I only detangle once a week, twice if I'm feeling sassy.

Also I have learned creative buns, wngs, and braidouts. I just finger comb them and only brush when I have to.

Back