Relaxer Immediate Henna/Silicon Mix Question! Please help.

Dymmeonds

Okay so this weekend I am going to relax my hair with Mizani Butter Blend (Going from Dr. Miracles No-Lye to Lye) and then immediately Henna my hair afterwards.

I have been reading through the Boards and got excited when I saw Jamila Henna in Kalustyans for $2.99 per box, so I bought 2 boxes. Only to read further that the ones I bought in the cellophane packaging makes your hair dry and hard with less color deposit. I still have about 300 grams of fresh Kalustyans henna that I used for my first and last henna application (and applied to my lil sis with great results).

My major question is do you think I can avoid the initial hard dryness if I use the Jamila and DC with Silicon Mix and Heat?

Do you think I should mix the 2 Hennas I have?

Any suggestions about the whole process period?

Love you guys! Thanks in advance!

Okay so this weekend I am going to relax my hair with Mizani Butter Blend (Going from Dr. Miracles No-Lye to Lye) and then immediately Henna my hair afterwards.

I have been reading through the Boards and got excited when I saw Jamila Henna in Kalustyans for $2.99 per box, so I bought 2 boxes. Only to read further that the ones I bought in the cellophane packaging makes your hair dry and hard with less color deposit. I still have about 300 grams of fresh Kalustyans henna that I used for my first and last henna application (and applied to my lil sis with great results).

My major question is do you think I can avoid the initial hard dryness if I use the Jamila and DC with Silicon Mix and Heat?

I dont know about henna but silicone mix is very moisturizing....bumping cause i want to know

I mixed my henna with water and oil and a little conditioner this past weekend and my hair felt pretty soft/strong at the same time. I used Jamila too. I DC with Nexxus and NTM mask and then It felt like butter!
HTH

Hi Friend..what I would recommend in addition to using the Silicon mix after the Henna is to mix some moisturizing conditioner IN the Henna. My last Henna, I mixed a combination of Lustrasilk Shea Mango and Redken All Soft. Your hair will be very vulnerable after the relaxer and you do not to want to risk any unnecessary hardness, tangles, etc. The color will still release...

Also -I would not mix the hennas unless they were the same brand...you might have some that is sifted finer than the other (just one of the reasons not to)

Also -I would not mix the hennas unless they were the same brand...you might have some that is sifted finer than the other (just one of the reasons not to)
:grin:

Good idea! My thought about mixing was that I know the color that my Kalustyan's produces and I don't know the one this Jamila produces. Plus I have been reading that the dye content in this Jamila (in cellophane package) is not as strong. Better be safe than sorry though!

I was definitely going to put some moisturizing condish (Kirkland Signature...love this stuff) and Mahabhringraj oil in the mix...do you think I can add some Shea Butter and still have good results?

I mixed my henna with water and oil and a little conditioner this past weekend and my hair felt pretty soft/strong at the same time. I used Jamila too. I DC with Nexxus and NTM mask and then It felt like butter!
HTH

Which Jamila did you use? Cellophane or foil package?

:grin:

Good idea! My thought about mixing was that I know the color that my Kalustyan's produces and I don't know the one this Jamila produces. Plus I have been reading that the dye content in this Jamila (in cellophane package) is not as strong. Better be safe than sorry though!

I was definitely going to put some moisturizing condish (Kirkland Signature...love this stuff) and Mahabhringraj oil in the mix...do you think I can add some Shea Butter and still have good results?

Shea butter would work too:grin::grin:...Your hair is going to look and feel great

UPDATE: So after great advice, I modified my plan. Relaxed with Mizani Butter Blends (staple now), Jamila Henna mixed with Mahabhringraj oil, Black Tea, Kirkland Signature Hydrating Conditioner, Brahmi and Amla powders immediately after relaxing and DC'd with Silicon Mix and Heat....AMAZING RESULTS! My hair was strong, silky, blingy and swingy!

When was the last time I told you I loved you guys?! (Oh...previous post...:grin:)

Back