Relaxer free for one year

Patrice

Hi ladies I have been thinking about giving the relaxer a break for about one year. I am not going natural or anything but would just like to give my hair a break while I strive to reach my goal of bra strap. Has anyone on the board ever done this? and has it benefitted your hair in anyway?. Honestly do u guys think this is a smart idea, I am so confused. I plan to continue relaxing my hair for the remainder of this year and then starting January 2005 become relaxer free, after that I am not planning to relax again until January 2006 and hopfully by that time I will be at bra strap length. If it is a good idea how should I maintain the semi-natural look. I plan to wear braid outs, blow outs and braids anymore ideas and also what products do u guys recommend TIA for responding
cool.gif

I went 9 months without a relaxer and I could have easily gone the 3 more months to make it a full year but I decided to relax. During the 9 months my hair got a lot fuller and the majority of my length came from the back where I had experienced a lot of breakage. There was a noticable difference between the two lengths and not getting a relaxer for 9 months was just what I needed. I'm really glad I went that long because now I don't feel the need to relax as often as I use to, I'm now going to relax every 4 months. I was even thinking of making it every 6 months for just 2 relaxers a year. Good luck with your long stretch.

I think it's a great idea. I am stretching my relaxer out 8 months for the very same reason. Some how I feel I get better results when I go longer without one.

I won't be getting one this summer at least.
nono.gif
I hope to surpass 4 months, my last one was spaced out 3 months, so
weird.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Patrice said:
Hi ladies I have been thinking about giving the relaxer a break for about one year. I am not going natural or anything but would just like to give my hair a break while I strive to reach my goal of bra strap. Has anyone on the board ever done this? and has it benefitted your hair in anyway?. Honestly do u guys think this is a smart idea, I am so confused. I plan to continue relaxing my hair for the remainder of this year and then starting January 2005 become relaxer free, after that I am not planning to relax again until January 2006 and hopfully by that time I will be at bra strap length. If it is a good idea how should I maintain the semi-natural look. I plan to wear braid outs, blow outs and braids anymore ideas and also what products do u guys recommend TIA for responding
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I am doing right now
smile.gif
I am up in July but I might stretch it out until december. My xmas present to me
smile.gif
My hair is to long to wear out to work so I wear mine up in a bun everyday. The only thing I have noticed lately is some breaking on the line where my natural and relaxed ends meet but its nothing big just a couple of hairs. I am still using the same products I was when I started just alot more gel becuase I have alot of curlies that dont stay down. Oh yea detangler I never used it until lately but its a must when I have two different hair textures

I went a year without a relaxer, but it was because my goal was to be natural. When you do this, make sure that you keep your hair moisterized and to handle your hair gently so that you won't have breakage. I believe that you can do!

<font color="purple">September of last year, I finally had my whole hair relaxed after being natural for a long time. I stretched it out until March of this year. I needed a touch up bad. Ever since then, my hair has felt strong with minor breakage from moisturizing and CO washes. I'm now in my 2nd month of being relaxer free. I'm going for a possible 6 months or 8. I plan on wearing braids throughout the entire summer into mid fall. And I'll still continue moisturizing and conditioning during that time as well. Hair says, "Give me a break, girlfriend!"
laugh.gif
</font>

Back