Relaxed ladies who use Scurl

cocoa32

I used Scurl last night and this morning on my very dry and breaking hair. I sealed with coconut oil, and my hair is so much more moist and breaking much less already! I am so excited!

My question is, how do all of you use your Scurl? It's so wet that I couldn't imaginge using it on flat-ironed hair. I've been wearing my hair in a ponytail, so the wetness isn't much of a factor. Can you use it while wearing your hair down?

I USE IT TO MOISTURIZE MY ENDS AS WELL, SEALING AFTER WITH SOME BLACK CASTOR OIL. I TRY NOT TO USE TOO MUCH, BECAUSE I KNOW ONCE I DO MY HAIR CAN BECOME VERY MUSHY LIKE. WHEN USED I USUALLY USE IT ON MY DRY HAIR, NEVER WHILE ITS WET.
AS FAR AS USING IT ON YOUR HAIR WHILE ITS DOWN, I THINK YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO, JUST NOT AS MUCH AS YOU USUALLY WOULD WHEN ITS UP BECAUSE YOUR HAIR MAY BECOME TO WET AND STAND THE CHANCE OF LOOSING ITS CURL AFTER THAT.
HTH:)

i use it the same way u described. the only thing is that is can leave product buildup after a while. and some ladies warned that it can make hair too soft.

locabouthair said:
i use it the same way u described. the only thing is that is can leave product buildup after a while. and some ladies warned that it can make hair too soft.

Too soft??? That would be a first for me! My hair is usually so dry and hard. I'm glad I tried Scurl.

locabouthair said:

I know exactly what you mean about the soft thing. One time I used it, I had to use a moisturizer with protein the next day. My hair was a little too soft.:lol:

i just discovered s-curl this weekend. so far i've only used it for my curls. [see siggy]

I love S-curl. It helps smooth my texlaxed hair easier in a ponytail. It also gives my hair some bling.;) I spary extra on my edges to keep them moisturized.

I've only used it on my ng while stretching. I've used it when my hair was wet and also when my hair was dry.

I just apply S-Curl each evening, and some mornings before baggying my ends. I use virgin coconut oil (food grade) to seal the moisture in, but only once or twice a week. I don't care for straight styles and I don't use heat, so I use as much S-Curl as my hair needs with the dry weather we're having in Boston. (The dew point was -19 today...that's drier than a desert! :eek: :eek: AND it's like 14 degrees with a -15 windchill! I don't skimp on the S-Curl under these conditions.)

My hair doesn't get to the mushy/buildup stage often because I wash my hair every 3 or 4 days. But, I kinda like it when it's like that.

Spray on, ladies! :p :lol:

i only use it on my hair when i wear curly styles or in the bun. it doesnt really work for me when i flat iron...

I use it on my new growth. My hair is still in the short stage so when I stretch beyond 2 months I use it as a moisturizer on all my hair.

Back