Relaxed ladies who do braid-outs

elegantamazon

I basically rely on braidouts so that I don't have to put heat in my hair. I started thinking the other day though that I could be causing breakage at the ends when I secure them. I usually use small cloth scrunchies. What do y'all use? Also, do you rebraid every night?

The first time I did a braid out, I pin curled the ends. The next few times, I used rollers. I rebraided my hair for two nights in braids, but not cornrows. After two more days, I washed it.

I just started doing braid outs about two weeks ago and I need an answer as to what to do with my ends also. i started using mango butter for my ends and then i would apply rollers to the ends afterwards, today my braid out came out soft and i didn't feel that my ends were being damaged while unbraiding the braids and they were still farely moisturized. try rolling the ends, that might help.

I recently started doing braidouts and they look so cute. I just redo them every night as after I add my moisture and oil. I also add a roller to the ends it looks soooo much better that way imo to acheive super cute wavy hair!!:grin:

I wrap my ends with pieces of saran wrap and use either pillow rollers or sponge rollers, sometimes I'll wrap the rollers with saran wrap. Because I set braidouts or twistouts right after washing while it's wet, i think it helps them last longer. The last time I did my twistout, I washed my hair Sat. morning and set it (I set it close to my head like cornrows), It stayed in all weekend long and didn't take them out until Monday morning. It lasted all week long until my next wash that I did on Friday. Each day it seemed to look even better than the last because of the slight falling. All i did at night was spray it with sheen and put it in a bonnet.

Back