Relaxed Ladies Who Co-Wash. HELP!!!

I know I'm bumping an old thread but the info here has been quite helpful.

So basically, you scrub your scalp with a conditioner? Doesn't it make it itchy?
Normally I shampoo once a week but I'm considering cowashing mid-week. My hair is great but for some reason, in the middle of the week, my scalp has recently started to get a little itchy. I don't want to shampoo twice in a week and I've decided to stop putting oils on my scalp (it's stopped the flaking).

it could be the shampoo irritating your scalp, you should look into the organix line it's organic and sulfate free.

Hello, I am brushing hip length since my last picture comparison which was early April. So far I'm looking forward to getting a trim by the end of this month which might bump me back to waist length, I also stretch my perms and I'm a huge fan of cowashing a habit I picked up while natural and still hold steadfast to even after getting a perm. I think doing a co wash has many benefits and you should definitely look into it if you are planning on dropping shampoos entirely, this will also mean dropping the use of certain products that contain cones or ingredients that require shampoo to wash them out completely because you will end up with build up. I also think... Though I don't know what your scenario is.. You should give shampoo another chance but in low cycles like once a month? Or even dilute a peasized amount in a cup of water or more. My natural hair doesn't like shampoo as well so I had to compromise a lot. Oh and don't forget your dts that would be a perfect time to shampoo... So before your deep treatment you could shampoo. Anyway I hope this helps and good luck

Back