Relaxed Ladies - When do you get that "I'm Ready to Relax" itch?

When do your get that Relaxer Itch?

• 4 - 6 weeks post

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • 6 - 9 weeks post

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • 10 - 12 weeks post

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • 12 - 14 weeks post

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • 15 - 17 weeks post

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • I don't itch, just relax whenever....

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sunnieb

For me it's around 12 weeks post. I can always tell because I start hanging in the hair forum more, and looking up relaxed threads for some pics of freshly relaxed hair. It's like I need a relaxer fix...:lol:

I'm trying to hold out until August 18th, but I really want to feel my scalp again...like now!

ETA: Danggit!!! I misspelled "you" in the poll! That's gonna bug me for eva!!!

Last edited:
It starts right at around 9.5 weeks usually. I try to go exactly 10 weeks before I touch up my roots, if I go any longer than that I will start shedding like crazy..plus I'll start looking like I got a twa with some long a$$ alfalfa sprouts growing on top. not cute.

I don't stretch for long, the most I've gone is 15 weeks and not by choice. I relax every 8 to 9 weeks so by then I want to relax.

I don't think I get that 'itch' because I prefer my thick poofy hair over my relaxed hair any day. :grin:
I more or less end up relaxing when I have an event to go too and that kind of make my relaxed decisions. (Birthdays, holidays, etc.)
I went 5 months post this last relaxer. It was so easy. Must be the water intake. :look:

usually was by week 6 -7, but as many ladies said .... with learning how to stretch and such ... its just a matter of how well the hair is coping

well when I was relaxed :look:

Last edited:
I say around 8 weeks. This is my last long stretch and the only reason why I'm still stretching it b/c I been braiding my hair.

I have decided to go to 12 weeks even though I could have waited longer..im gonna hold out till atleast September. @pre medicalrulz your hair is lovely :)

Last edited:
Last month was my first time stretching so i only lasted 7 weeks. im at 5 now, so im hoping to add 1 more week this time.

Last time I relaxed was before Christmas, so I just do it when I can't tolerate the waves and frizz anymore. ((Usually I'll do one-two relaxers a year.))

With the right product I can go 12-16 weeks, it's when products stop working for whatever reason that I really start "itching".

Ugrhhhh I got the itch RIGHT NOW! Smh I just checked my calendar and I'm only 7 weeks in. But my new growth is THICK and some parts had already been under processed from last time so it's REALLY thick. I lied to myself and said that I was gonna wait till about a week before my wedding day (in October) BUT, I just can't wait till then. This ish is serious! Lol Im gonna wait till this upcoming weekend and do it. Tryna deal with this two textured mess is probably doing me more harm than good. Oh, and the answer to the question is I start getting the itches at about 8 weekends depending on how my new growth length and thickness is. My bad on all the extra lml I had to get that off my chest cause I'm going through it. Smh lml

6 weeks. i usually try to go 8-10, but if it gets rough for me, i just do it. i'm in no contest and my hair is healthy.

My scalp becomes itchy and it is hard to catch a breather in order to have a 24 hour no scratch period to get a relaxer if I wait more than 8 weeks.

Normally about 7 weeks but this time around since the 5 week mark I've been 'itching' to relax. I'm holding out until at least 8 maybe 10. I've been stretching between 10-16 but I'm tired of stretching...my hair does fine but it's the visual that I don't love. Although when I wear my hair down the ng makes the style lift nicely. Maybe I just need to wear my hair down more:perplexed:

LadyBklyn said:
Ugrhhhh I got the itch RIGHT NOW! Smh I just checked my calendar and I'm only 7 weeks in. But my new growth is THICK and some parts had already been under processed from last time so it's REALLY thick. I lied to myself and said that I was gonna wait till about a week before my wedding day (in October) BUT, I just can't wait till then. This ish is serious! Lol Im gonna wait till this upcoming weekend and do it. Tryna deal with this two textured mess is probably doing me more harm than good. Oh, and the answer to the question is I start getting the itches at about 8 weekends depending on how my new growth length and thickness is. My bad on all the extra lml I had to get that off my chest cause I'm going through it. Smh lml

Im itchin now and my 9 week stretch wont be over till literally a month from now (August 30) im holdin on tho

Last edited:
Around 14 to 16 weeks I only relax three to four times a year that elasta qp cream conitioning shampoo is the truth! my hair detangles easily every time

Back