Relaxed ladies u do braids/ twists for protective styles;

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Can u please tell me how you do these styles? What products help hold the style? I am hoping to master thses styles in 07.:D I'm almost there...just need to know how to section and part to make the style look nice. I can't do this on my wet hair. What's the best way to get them to stay more than one day?:confused:

Last edited:
I know how you feel--no response that is. Okay, exactly what are you asking? I'm relaxed and I have braids right now. I have also had twist. Check out my site at www.fotki.com/amwcah.

HTH

Let me know if you have any more questions.

amwcah said:
I know how you feel--no response that is. Okay, exactly what are you asking? I'm relaxed and I have braids right now. I have also had twist. Check out my site at www.fotki.com/amwcah.

HTH

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Wow, your hair is gorgeous. I'm loving the flat twists styles and cornrows. I'm gonna learn how to do these styles or bust!:D

I have done twistouts before and I just us this Thickening Spray I have (in my fotki) and my hmde butter. If I left it dry overnight it stays pretty good

I haven't had a relaxer in months, but when I was growing out my relaxers I always use braids as a protective style. You just have to be really careful (as I'm sure you already know) because you hair is in such a delicate state when it's relaxed (IMO anyways).
I don't really know how to cornroll that well. I will cornroll the front part of my hair (so that I can have a little peak in the front), but the rest are individuals.
I'm not really sure if that's a lot of help, but I didn't want to read the post and not respond. :)

I'd never done twists before so I had them done by pros. It's pretty easy to see how to do them once they're on your head.

Back