Relaxed & Highlighted

carljr

Relaxed & Highlighted
Any tips for maintaining healthy relaxed/colored hair between salon visits (I go bi-weekly to the salon). On my week I do a protein treatment K-PAK, or Aphoghee 2 step and deep condition for 30min with GVP Conditioning Balm, and style as usual (wrap). I use heat once a month if needed due to new growth.

Suggestions on deep conditioners will be appreciated,I'm getting Keracare s/c this weekend.

Also, my beautician told me when I do my K-PAK to get under the hooded dryer so the cuticles can open and absorb product. She also said the hair cuticle can only absorb so much product so one heat treatment would be it. (Hope I explained it right)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    21.6 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    19.3 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 38
Pretty hair! I’m too scared to double process my hair so I have no experience there, sorry. But it sounds like you’ve got a great plan. I think as long as your daily manipulation is minimized, you should be okay.

Also, I see a lot of ladies who color mention using Olaplex products. Maybe that line of product might be of interest to you.

Beautiful color...Joico is a wonderful brand for chemically treated hair. I think you're doing the right things by incorporating the K-PAK DPR and DC'ing regularly. Good luck

Back