Relaxed Heads....What do you love about your perm?

rootdeep

I thought this would be an excellent way for those who are considering switching perms or want to know personal views/opinions on perms to share. I'll start off...

Relaxer: Design Essentails

What do you love about your perm: After growing up going to basement hairdressers and thinking Dark & Lovely SUPER was the only way to go I was happy to discover something that gave my hair body and moisture.

My perm doesnt trip my hair of its shine and moisture but adds to it. You've seen those heads of hair who just had a fresh perm and the hair looks mad thirsty? Thats what Dark & Lovely did for me. My

Design Essentials has aided in the overall moisture and shine of my hair. It also contains a very low amount of sodium hydroxide(which gives the hair that flat BONE straight look) helping increase the volume of the hair.
An added bonus ....Design Essentials has shea butter that aides in the overall shine.

Relaxer: ORS Olive Oil No-lye Regular

What do you love about your perm: I've used all kinds of perms, both professional and box kits. This one was very easy to use, and left my hair feeling soft and silky, instead of dry. The price is reasonable and I like using all the products in the box.

I have tried many on the suggestion of my salon stylist, but keep coming back to good old fashion Revlon.
For me it is not as drying as some have left my hair and I do not have a dry flaky scalp. It straightens quite nicely.

RZ

Relaxer: Phytorelaxer Index II

What do you love about your perm: No burning, not even a sting and I leave it on for about 25 minutes. Plus it leaves my hair straight.:)

Intresting topic.

Relaxer Silk elements
What I love about it : I love that it makes my hair silky and with lots of body and shine.

I don't like the fact that my hair looks underprocessed after three to four weeks of using it. That's what I don't like.

GREAT THREAD Root:

My relaxer: Mizani for fine/color treated hair

What I like about it:
It gives my hair that straight look that I like with minimal burning and lots of body and fullness. My hair doesn't look "flat" unless I want it to. It also gives my hair lots of swing and helps with that "fresh from the salon" look.

ORS no lye...

It does not burn at all. It left my hair shiny and straight..but with mild texture left in my hair(THANK GOD)...at first I thought it was too straight until the next day when I took my rollers out! This is the only no-lye relaxer that left me with silky strands...allowing me to stretch out my relaxers with less breakage...IMO!

I also added 3 tablespoons of oil into the relaxer creme and it seemed it benefitted my hair even more.

crlsweetie912 said:
GREAT THREAD Root:

My relaxer: Mizani for fine/color treated hair

What I like about it:
It gives my hair that straight look that I like with minimal burning and lots of body and fullness. My hair doesn't look "flat" unless I want it to. It also gives my hair lots of swing and helps with that "fresh from the salon" look.

I would have to agree on the Mizani. I use the same kind of relaxer and I love love love it. Can I say love it one more time. I think I use to use creme of nature when I was growing up and my first two years in college I used whatever the girl had at her house. Nothing compares to Mizani. Pluse they have a good line of products mixed w/ my keracare. The shine, body and ''swang'' is like no other...well in my opinion.

Relaxer: Phytospecific Index 1

What I like about it: It does not irritate my ezcema or sensitive scalp! It can be applied at home so I no longer need a hair stylist. No burning. It does not relax my hair bone straight. My hair looks full and healthy and feels strong after relaxing. I love it!!! :D

I just discovered ORS Lye (in Normal strength) and I am soooo happy with the results. Things I like about it:
1) It doesn't burn
2) It was easy to wash out
3) It got my hair straight (except for my tough section, but it loosened up that section as well as anything else has)
4) It was cheap
5) My hair came out very moisturized after deep conditioning.
6) I didn't lose a significant amount of hair even though I was 11 weeks post.

Back