Relaxed heads that use a rinse(s)?

Qualitee

I want to use a jet black rinse in my hair, but Im not sure if I should because I think I might damage my hair.:perplexed

Did the rinse damage your hair?
Have you noticed a change in your hair after using the rinse?
When and how many times do you rinse?
what brand do you use?
Which ones have no Amonnia or peroxide?
What color?
Any special treatment(s) that you do to maintain hair health after the rinse?

Did the rinse damage your hair? No

Have you noticed a change in your hair after using the rinse? Yes, its shiner and smooth

When and how many times do you rinse? Once a month, or when my gray hairs start to sprout :look:

what brand do you use? I'm very fond of Clairol Natural Instincts demi rinse now. Prior to that, I used Clairol Beautiful

Which ones have no Amonnia or peroxide? Semi and Demi rinses don't have either of these...its the permanent colors that can damage.

What color? In the NI, I use Egyptian Plum...in Beautiful I used Wine Brown

Any special treatment(s) that you do to maintain hair health after the rinse? Nothing special...I'd just clarify before application and be sure to DC afterwards.

No

Yes, it's thicker.

Every 6-7 weeks

what brand do you use?
KISS Express Semi-permanent color rinse

There is no amonnia or peroxide in the KISS brand that I use.

What color?
Black

After rinsing the color rinse, I followup with a moisturizing DC.

Did the rinse damage your hair? Nope

Have you noticed a change in your hair after using the rinse? Yes it is healthier looking and super shiny.

When and how many times do you rinse? Every 6-8 weeks.

What brand do you use? Colorshowers

Which ones have no Amonnia or peroxide? Colorshowers doesnt.

What color? Jet Black

Any special treatment(s) that you do to maintain hair health after the rinse? Just my normal moisture and protien balance regimen

Have you noticed a change in your hair after using the rinse? High gloss and shine. No grays!!

When and how many times do you rinse? 6-8 weeks

what brand do you use?Sebastian Colourshines

Which ones have no Amonnia or peroxide? No Amonia or peroxide but they changed the product/package so I don't know what the new one is like.

What color? Coffee Bean or Brilliant Brown

Any special treatment(s) that you do to maintain hair health after the rinse? Just my regular moisturizing DC

Did the rinse damage your hair? no

Have you noticed a change in your hair after using the rinse? has alot of shine

When and how many times do you rinse? every 6 weeks
what brand do you use? clairol natural Instinct

Which ones have no Amonnia or peroxide? no amonnia a little peroxide
What color? egyptian plum
Any special treatment(s) that you do to maintain hair health after the rinse? make sure I dc every week
also in my fotki is a picture with my hair color

Have you noticed a change in your hair after using the rinse? It was tangly when I rinsed it out, but a moisturizing condish afterward did the trick.

When and how many times do you rinse? Whenever I feel like it...which translates to about 3 or 4 times a year

what brand do you use? Jazzings

Which ones have no Amonnia or peroxide? A wide array, too many to list

What color? Bluest Black

Any special treatment(s) that you do to maintain hair health after the rinse? A rinse isnt harmful so I just go about my healthy hair routine as normal.

Have you noticed a change in your hair after using the rinse? Yes it is healthier looking and super shiny.

When and how many times do you rinse? Every 6-8 weeks.

Which ones have no Amonnia or peroxide? Colorshowers doesnt.

What color? Jet Black

Any special treatment(s) that you do to maintain hair health after the rinse? Just my normal moisture and protien balance regimen

Everything she said with the exception that I used (Uva) Jet Grape...Rinses actually give your hair more body/volume

Just a side note - if you opt for a color that has demi-permanent (peroxide)- go for Redken Shades EQ - IMO that is one of the safest long lasting semi-permanent colors (demi) out there- u can even use it after a relaxer. I would recommend that it is applied by a stylist.

Everything she said with the exception that I used (Uva) Jet Grape...Rinses actually give your hair more body/volume

Just a side note - if you opt for a color that has demi-permanent (peroxide)- go for Redken Shades EQ - IMO that is one of the safest long lasting semi-permanent colors (demi) out there- u can even use it after a relaxer. I would recommend that it is applied by a stylist.

the salon that I plan on going to for my corrective relaxer in December is listed in their salon finder. Hopefully, they use the demi-permanent.

No.

No just the color it needed to be at that time.
every 12-16 weeks.
what brand do you use?
Kiss.
Kiss does not.
What color?
Black and Cherry Cola my signature colors.:yep:

Any special treatment(s) that you do to maintain hair health after the rinse? Just K.I.S.S.

do any of you guys ever have a problem with your rinse bleeding.

If I dont rinse it all out untill the water runs clear, then I dont notice anything (the scarves I sleep w/at night are black though)-but nothing when I touch my hair with my hands or anything else, when I wash it again more will come out untill I get it all. (doesnt take long to get it all on the first rinse)

Is it good for me to use it right after a relxer or after a hard protein treatment?

Most of the time I relax, do aphogee 2 step, and rinse it black in one day. Sometimes I put the hard protien on, then the black dye and go under the dryer since the hair dye needs alittle rinsing and after aphogee you need to shampoo and deepcondtion.

Did the rinse damage your hair? No, I think I got damage from Bigen once, but that product makes peroxide when you mix it with water.

Have you noticed a change in your hair after using the rinse? My hair looks better, not as dull, its way easier for it to shine.

When and how many times do you rinse? Most of the time as a prepoo...I do it like 1x a month, have done it more frequently and less.

what brand do you use? I like Clairol Beatifull Collections, before that used Jazzings and I think it has sulfates in it, plus it always made my hair alittle stiff and tangly, but I did like the black color better.

Which ones have no Amonnia or peroxide? Lots (all rinses?)...Jazzings, Clairol beautifull collections, adore, Beyond the zone, Ion Color Brilliance

What color? I've only ever used black.

A moisturizing conditoner and shampoo (as usual, if I didnt I would though)

Did the rinse damage your hair?No
Have you noticed a change in your hair after using the rinse?smoother
When and how many times do you rinse?when I feel like it, lol, sometimes I don't feel like the extra steps, it's suppose to be 1 a month
what brand do you use?Adore
Which ones have no Amonnia or peroxide?the one I use doesn't
What color?Drk brown, Mahogany, and Crimson. This yr I've been using Drk brn.
Any special treatment(s) that you do to maintain hair health after the rinse? No, just my regular, poo and DC 2x's a wk.

Just for clarification: Natural Instincts is a demi-permanent color, which means by definition it has peroxide. 10 volume deposit-only color. It's still super safe for relaxed hair, though because it doesn't lift.

Did the rinse damage your hair? Rinses don't damage hair. They only coat the hair shaft.
Have you noticed a change in your hair after using the rinse? No not bad. They strengthen the hair if you do them often.
When and how many times do you rinse? Haven't done one in a while but once/month is ok
what brand do you use? Beautiful Collection, KISS, and some others.
Which ones have no Amonnia or peroxide? Rinses don't have ammonia or peroxide. That's why they're so damn easy to rinse out :wallbash:
What color? Jet Black, or Blue Black
Any special treatment(s) that you do to maintain hair health after the rinse? Just regular hair maintenance.

What changes did you notice? Smoother, softer hair

How many times do you rinse? About once a week. I use a clear rinse mixed with GVP Conditioning Balm :lick:

Which brand? Beyond The Zone Color Jamz

Does it have ammonia or peroxide? Nope

What color? Clear

Any special treatments? Nope, just go about my regular reggie :D

Did the rinse damage your hair? No, never.
Have you noticed a change in your hair after using the rinse? Yes, smoother, softer, shinier, color enhanced hair.
When and how many times do you rinse? Every 10 weeks. I do touch ups in between with a cellophane/glaze.
what brand do you use? Clairol Beautiful Collection, VIA, John Frieda Color Glaze
Which ones have no Amonnia or peroxide? None of these do.
What color? My favorite color is Beautiful Collection Warm Dark Brown.
Any special treatment(s) that you do to maintain hair health after the rinse? Nope, I just condition afterwards.

Hey guys I used Clairol Beautiful as my last rinse in black, but I was wondering if there was one that is better. I want the blackest black there is!

Did the rinse damage your hair?- No
Have you noticed a change in your hair after using the rinse?Slightly stronger, smoother since the rinse helps smooth the cuticle down
When and how many times do you rinse?Once a month, I have permanent color in my hair as well. The rinse helps seal my cuticle and I use them to slightly alter my hair color
what brand do you use?Jazzings, Via, Kiss, Adore
Which ones have no Amonnia or peroxide?None of those do
What color?Jazzing- red hot, ruby red, Via- copper penny, pumpkin patch, Kiss-clear, cedarwood red, Adore- Mahogany
Any special treatment(s) that you do to maintain hair health after the rinseNo, just re shampoo and deep conditon

My hair is healthy but still fine and fragile and I like the way my stylists puts it... "Rinses are like colored water"... they are that safe.

Did the rinse damage your hair?- No
Have you noticed a change in your hair after using the rinse? Smoother and gives it a healthy sheen
When and how many times do you rinse? During each touch up or every other touch up. I change colors depending on my mood.
What brand do you use? I mix Sebastian and Adore
Which ones have no Amonnia or peroxide? I think none, else my stylist wouldn't use them on me.
What color? She always mixes them for different hues. I favor cimmanon/reddish brown, I've done Jet black too but like my reddish brown.
Any special treatment(s) that you do to maintain hair health after the rinse. Nada.

Have you noticed a change in your hair after using the rinse? Smooth, shiny, silky.

When and how many times do you rinse? When I relax

Which ones have no Amonnia or peroxide? Colorshowers does not

Any special treatment(s) that you do to maintain hair health after the rinse? I make sure to do a super moisturizing deep conditioning after rinsing the rinse. After that, it's bau.

Interesting that so many of you DC after your rinse. My slow self always DC's before the rinse :lol: . Then I usually use a regular conditioner to follow up. I'm going to try it you guys' way next week. I dunno why I never thought to do it that way before. :lachen:

I have never had issues with rinses and I've used them for years. I have used the bigen powder with no issues and many others. I also use I think it's clairol for black hair that is relaxed perm color it's really good and your hair is crazy soft afterwards. hth.

Back