relaxed hair extremely dry and hard

Jadore_tay

Hi guys I've been away from the forum for a while concentrating on my Bachelors degree but today I come in tears.

For the past month My hair (especially the roots) has been extremely dry and hard no matter what I do
I've tried co washes, over night dc's, porosity (sp?) Control, mild protein I swear it feels like I've tried it all and there's no hope. I'm 2 months post relaxer

I'm sitting under the dryer as I type with a ball of hair the size of a ping pong ball in front of me that's how much hair came out while setting

Any suggestions on what I should do? I would really appreciate it my hair is waist length and its becoming mbl right before my eyes

Maybe you should try clarifying your hair and doing a very moisturizing deep condition.

It sounds like you may have protein overload and your hair isn't responding with all the treatments you've been giving it because of product build up.

I really hope I helped!

I'm sorry to hear that... Sounds like protein overload to me also... I agree w/ clarifying and doing a good deep condition

If your roots are especially dry, maybe it's an internal issue. Try increasing your water intake and pay attention to your levels of the major B vitamins, zinc, and iron.

Also, since you've been working on your degree, it could be stress related. I know when I went through a stressful divorce I lost hair as well.

Take care!

Any suggestions on what I should do? I would really appreciate it my hair is waist length and its becoming mbl right before my eyes[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about the hair loss. My hair is not nearly as long, only past my shoulders and I'm currently 11 weeks post Texlaxed. What has been working for me since 8 weeks post is Black Tea Rinses 1 to 2x per week. That has slowed down excessive shedding. I bought a cheap l"Family Dollar Brand" spray detangler and I spray my hair down till it's slightly damp and I use "Wave Nouveau" moisturizing finishing lotion. I part my hair into 8 vertical sections and use only a dime size amount for each section (for you maybe slightly more) and I seal my ends with Jamacian Black Castor Oil and I braid my hair into sections and roll up the ends and wait till it drys a little and then use a satin scull cap every night. In the mornings I maybe dampen it a little more and style in a bun. After 3 or 4 days I wash or cowash, rinse with the tea (plenty of threads on LHCF about Black tea Rinses, look up video with Traycee on youtube) I use cheapy coconut condition and deep condition with ORS deep condition. This has helped me. I have 20 strands or less per day and they are not broken strands they are full strands of hair with the white bulb on the end. I hope this will help you.

I'm co-signing with the other ladies on the protein overload. use a good clarifying shampoo (i use aveda's hair detoxifier - it's moisturizing yet it cleans my scalp and hair and feels refreshing). Followup with a good moisturizing DC. I can't suggest any store-brought brands, but I have used sweet cashew's avocado conditioner or moroccan oil conditioner and they both leave my hair moisturized and silky.

thank you ladies i will clarify my hair but what is confusing is the protein overload i do not use a lot of protein in my hair because it is protein sensitive

IA...Clarify and pray..But be happy lady.your hair is still long!...Try a mositurizing d.c. and if that doesnt help protein d.c. then moisture...Are you drinking enough water or on special medications.How is your eating habits?

IA...Clarify and pray..But be happy lady.your hair is still long!...Try a mositurizing d.c. and if that doesnt help protein d.c. then moisture...Are you drinking enough water or on special medications.How is your eating habits?

I only drink water i eat healthy and no special meds. Its long but its becoming shorter with every wash

I will clarify and pray lol

:yep:You will be fine ..you just to figure out why your hair is breaking...If all else fail...Get a weave or braids lol..Thats what I do...Or just practice low manipulation....Less manipulation= less breakage:yep:

Back