extremely dry ends!!!

Thanks for the update on the Morrocanoil Chelley. The protein in the Aphogee may be a little strong for your hair so yes I would cut it out for now.

I would also look for a moisturizing leave-in instead of a protein-based one. Kenra Daily Provision is great as a leave-in and as a daily moisturizer. I am now using Alba Botanica Leave In and Beauty Without Cruelty Leave in both as a leave in and as a daily moisturizer. The last 2 leave-ins are natural/organic and Terri (God bless her heart) bought them for me to try out and now I won't look back.

The only other Conditioner that I use as a leave in at this point is Elucence Moisturizing Conditioner which is also a deep conditioner as well. This is mostly natural/organic as well and smells divine. See how many of my products double as something else.

This way, I don't have to have sooooo many products anymore. I am trying to scale down my hair products to just a few brands that I trust and are doing a great job on my hair.

Make sure not to go overboard with too much moisture either or else you would end up on the opposite side of the spectrum with excessively soft mushy hair.

Keep it all balanced by paying close attention to how your hair feels after using every product on it. This is critical for the survival of your hair.

I really would get rid of the heat for now as well. I am relaxed and I allow my hair to airdry with no problems after every wash. It does not get the hair very straight and shiny like a flat iron but that's nothing a little coconut oil couldn't fix. Blow drying/flat-ironing/heat pressing/hot curling on a regular basis is a :nono: for me.

These heat styling tools I leave only for special occasions, etc. Very hot irons, dryers, hot curlers etc, can do irreparable damage to your hair so be very careful with them.

I've definitely done this which is y i try to incorporate a little protein in the regimen each week. it was awful.

2 words. SHEA BUTTER. If you're relaxed, whip some up with some oils. This is the key to MOISTURIZED soft ends. If you bun or PS, you can apply the SB to your ends every night/few nights and braid your ends and tuck them in. The result is ends moisturized for DAYS! HTH & HHG!

im def gonna try the hot towel! and diffused blowdrying...i might go to my friends and just use her hooded dryer. Because when I airdried my hair wasnt like this..but then I saw that airdrying for relaxed hair was bad ssoooo...i thought i should blow dry. ugh this is so confusing.

I agree wtih Aggie you have to keep the right moisture/protein balance for your hair.
If you're relaxed I don't think you need to sit under any dryer at all, you can section it off into 4-6 braids and then air-dry but a hooded dryer is still direct heat, diffused is better if you must use heat.
when I flat iron I let my hair hairdry in 4-6 braided sections, then I lightly detangle the ends then used my Maxiglide with a heat protectant and I got that relaxer fresh look, with no damage. Then again I only straighten my hair 2x/year max

Last edited:
Steam. That's the answer to everything dry.....steam treatments with a moisturizer.

i agree. i had a disasterous protein treatment once and dry brittle crispy hair was the outcome..and i did steam DC alot and it restored my hair to moisture and softness.

EVCO is also very very good

Actually all I had to do was a light dusting and now I'm just using mostly moisturizing products and slowly buy surely my hair is becoming softer and more moisturized..I think my stylist cut my layers with dull scissors.

If not already mentioned, you can also try Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship conditioner and the leave-in for your ends..I love it and I see a vast improvement on my ends since using this...I also use Vatika Coconut oil or castor oil on my ends as well before I go to bed or before I twist into a bun..

Actually all I had to do was a light dusting and now I'm just using mostly moisturizing products and slowly buy surely my hair is becoming softer and more moisturized..I think my stylist cut my layers with dull scissors.
Sounds like a good start, keep that up, light dustings, DC, sometimes a protein treatment, airdrying, PS and your hair will flourish.

Have you tried using castor oil...it works really well! :yep:

I don't know what's going on but since I've gotten my hair layered my ends have been super dry. I checked my porosity and I'm pretty sure that's not it. I've tried all oils and moisturiZers too and no luck. HELP!!!

Back