~~~Relaxed Bunning Thread~~~

Do you all redo your buns every day? I don't take mine down at night and I sleep on a satin pillowcase but there is no way I could go to work without redoing it. And I can't deal with DH's complaining if I sleep with a scarf on my head.

I redo my buns everyday. Gotta do my daily bun drop! :gorgeous:

Is anyone really getting good retention from bunning?

I think I'm getting the best retention ever with it. I mean even over the years when I've had braids, the hair that grew around break off because of the stress of the braids.

I co- wash, oil, moisturize, bun and and as long as my hair thing doesn't catch, I'm breakage free.

So for me, yes. Definitely.

I retain all my growth by bagging my ends. Today, I put my hair in a regular bun and I'm going to continue to do dry buns until I reach MB/WL! I'm so use to my ends being wet, this will take some getting use too but I oiled my ends real good before bunned. On second thought, I might just baggy the ends on the last 3/4 inches to be on the safe side:spinning:

Last edited:
My hair is still damp on the ends when I take my bun down - or off depending. Is that good? I'm worried about mushiness. I chelate and protein once a month. Is that enough?

My hair is still damp on the ends when I take my bun down - or off depending. Is that good? I'm worried about mushiness. I chelate and protein once a month. Is that enough?

apemay1969, I think you're fine on all the questions asked especially if you're not seeing any increase in breakage.

I need to take my buns down at night before I go to sleep. I've been noticing that on the very edges my hair is fairly short. I think it's breaking off at the nylon I use to hold my ponytail.

I just have to stop being so lazy.

apemay1969, I think you're fine on all the questions asked especially if you're not seeing any increase in breakage.

apemay1969 I agree with divachyk.

Matter of fact I'm airdrying now, but my hair is still pretty wet. I'll sleep in two wet braids and bun tomorrow when it's still damp. My hair does fine with this technique.

I come in here every few weeks. .I swear the buns just keep getting bigger and bigger:grin: Looking good ladies:yep:

Thanks GettingKinky, I've been braiding the hair nightly since I'm stretching my relaxer. My hair feels really great this week. I'm so pleased. Thanks for the love. :yep:

divachyk - Squuuueeeeeee! Love that bun!

Nix08 and anybody else who uses banana clips for bunning, would you mind posting a pic of your banana clip? I have one that doesn't work too well. I must be doing something wrong. :ohwell:

Back