Relax or Stretch Longer??

prettywhitty

I am almost at touch up time. I plan on keeping my hair in protective styles this summer, and if I want to wear it down, use twistouts, braidouts and wash n go's. Would it be better to continue to stretch unitl August or do my touch-up and continue to protective style? It would be a six month stretch if I did that. My basic routine is to wash and DC once a week, and to wash or CW three days later. With the second wash, I use a leave in. Thanks for your help.

Miz Jackson~You need to assess the condition of your hair. If your hair begins to break then relax. If you can handle the two textures in your hair, then continue until you start seeing breakage.

I'm speaking from experience. I just ended my 6 month stretch on Sunday. Actually, I fell short a month making it to 5 months. I had shedding and breaking going on.

HTH

FYI~Check out the Stretchers Support Thread if you haven't posted there.

amwcah said:
Miz Jackson~You need to assess the condition of your hair. If your hair begins to break then relax. If you can handle the two textures in your hair, then continue until you start seeing breakage.

I'm speaking from experience. I just ended my 6 month stretch on Sunday. Actually, I fell short a month making it to 5 months. I had shedding and breaking going on.

HTH

I agree:). It all depends on what your hair can take. But, I love relaxer stretches, so if you can, try to go ahead and stretch it. The relaxer would be much more rewarding:D

amwcah said:

HTH

I agree also. Once my hair get to certain point in a stretch it starts to shed and tangle. That is when I know it's time to relax. If you can handle the 6 months without any issues, go for it!!

Back