Best Wash Day Method?

Once a week
Overnight pre poo
DC
Shampoo
Condition

This w/e I was a bit hair lazy so I left the DC in my hair for 2 nights and washed it out w/o shampooing. My hair was so soft. I think I'm going to make dc my final step.

I wash once a week on Saturdays.

Wash and rinse, light protein and rinse, then deep condition and rinse. then I add all my leave in products and get under the dryer for 10 min.

Then blow dry and wrap. I don't wash or do anything until next saturday unless I need to moisturize and seal.

I pre-poo with ORS o/o con, hair mayo, or SE MegaCholesterol, Wen, shampoo every 3-4 weeks. I leave the Wen on, covered as a deep con 30-45 minutes.

My typical wash day:

-DC on dry hair with AO GPB (and avocado or hempseed oils if I feel like it)

-Shampoo with Earthly Delight Herbal Shampoo

-Condition and detangle with Tigi Bedhead Moisture Maniac Conditioner

-Rinse with Roux Porosity Control

-Apply leave-in (water, Tigi Bedhead Moisture Maniac Conditioner, and castor oil) and twist my hair with a styling product

I like to use the product that's already on my hair as a prepoo because I'm freakin lazy. I reactivate it with some water and cover in a baggy for an hour or so. Then shampoo, light protein if needed, and DC. Then detangle with KCKT and follow up with whatever creamy product I have on hand to seal my twists

I'm back to daily washing...just poo, CW, and leave in. But I'm thinking of adding a prepoo of Cantu a few times a week. I did it on accident one time and I remember it being great. Might try tonight.

I'm back to daily washing...just poo, CW, and leave in. But I'm thinking of adding a prepoo of Cantu a few times a week. I did it on accident one time and I remember it being great. Might try tonight.

Just a question? Why do you use poo everyday? Is it sulfate free?

Overnight prepoo with evco with mixed with no more than one other oil, shampoo (sulfate), dc, leave in, serum. Recently added the serum cause air drying gave me nonstop split ends (i was trimming every week, and the breakage was unstoppable). So now i blow dry on low heat, so i use a serum to protect my hair. I have not touched the shears in 2 weeks, and i forgot about my split mender.

I use a sulfate free shampoo and then DC.

I rarely prepoo but i'm doing it tonight to see if I can do just a regular rinse out conditioner instead of a long DC tomorrow.

Pre poo, wash, CW then DC?

DC, wash, then CW?

Pre poo, wash, DC then CW?

HOT, wash, DC then CW?

Wash, HOT, DC, then CW?

Oh man its like a math equation! :spinning: LMAO

I usually co-wash, oil treatment, deep condition, rinse, and leave-in

I DC once a week and cowash 2x per week with my protective styles in.

When my hair is loose:
--DC/prepoo for a few hours...sometimes I use my regular conditioner as a DC with oils
--detangle with fingers and wide tooth comb
--cocleanse or clarifying shampoo- VO5 Clarifying Conditioner or Suave Clarifying Shampoo
--cowash- White Rain Hydrating Conditioner or Suave Naturals Conditioner
--LCO- with damp hair, additional conditioner from cowashing or Africa's Best Organics Olive Oil Cream, and castor oil
--style-banding before large twists

At the moment:
prepoo, wash, DC . . . then nourish and protect and moisturize and seal

Details

Evening/night
  1. section hair with barrettes and exfoliate scalp with Cantu ACV Root Rinse,
  2. prepoo for an hour with Chicoro's prepoo recipe (warming the coconut oil, so then it's also a H.O.T.) and unfurl and de-web hair
  3. wash hair in barrettes (remove a barrette, wash hair, replace the barrette), further detangling under the water with the slippery prepoo with fingers, and loosely twist up hair with barrettes still in
Next day
  1. deep condition on dried hair with the barrettes still in (at times, add Green Beauty Real Protein to the DC, according to her hipo schedule for protein treatments),
  2. after DCing, add water to DC on hair and use it to fully detangle the hair before rinsing to remove shed hair (remove a barrette, rinse hair, replace the barrette),
  3. apply and work in ayurvedic hair tea (barrettes still in),
  4. apply ayurvedic grease to ends (~ last 2 inches; barrettes still in),
  5. apply (a) moisturizer and gel or (b) ayurvedic whipped butter on length (removing each barrette as I proceed).
  6. chunky twist, air dry, style

4 sections
Finger detangle to remove shed hairs with oil
Sit under the dryer with plastic cap for 10-15 mins
Take hair clips out
Shampoo with a sulfate
Repeat shampoo with non sulfate
Apply deep treatment/dc for 10-30mins
Rinse
Apply rinse out conditioner in the shower, let it sit for 3-5 mins
Rinse
Dry with a towel
Apply leave-in and serum
Detangle in 4 sections
Sit under dryer on cool until dry.
Apply kemi oyl and bun with a claw clip, or satin scrunch.
All of this should take up to 1-2 hours tops, but I got kids..

My regi is finally very simple but effective for me:-
  • Pre poo sometimes for 15-20 minutes or sometimes I'll leave it in for a few hours, it depends
  • Shampoo I alternate between sulphate and non sulphate shampoos each wash
  • DC with heat for 20-30 minutes
  • Detangle and rinse, but I generally don't have any tangles at all
  • Remove surface water with towel
  • Apply spray leave in
  • Apply cream leave in
  • Apply oil
  • Gently comb through
  • Air dry loose (no pony tail)
  • Put in flexi rods or satin rollers then bun in the morning
All done very very quickly with no fuss. Works for me.

Oh and done twice weekly.

Last edited:
1.1) Remove shed hairs
1.2) Pre-poo with Chicoro's recipe
2) Finger detangle and shampoo
3.1) Light protein (I will probably use up the product I have now and drop this step)
3.2) DC (I generally don't heat it up, but the few times that I did I noticed a difference)
4. Air dry with no product or with grapeseed oil while stretching in braids or bantu knots

Back