Regimens of once a month washers

katblack

Hi I am a natural that wants to wash once a month. I've tried daily co-washing, once a week cleansing and even water rinses and it always feels like I am merely replacing what I lost during the washing process. So, I want to try the once a month washing, only problem is I need a regimen.
Can you ladies tell me what I can do to keep my hair happy? (Think of sebum only for a month only I wont be manipulating my hair, but I will do daily scalp messages)

Also, if you are not a once a month washer, its ok any tips will be well receieved.:yep:

GabbanaGirl is a natural member who only washes once a month if I remember correctly, but she wears her hair straight all the time. I think she presses it and wears it straight the first week, uses flexirods for week 2, does braidouts week 3, and buns the fourth week. Her hair is ridiculously long, so I would venture to say it's working...

Wow! I wish this could work for me, but my hair tends to be heat sensitive. I will check it out perhaps I can tweak some of what she does to fit my needs ;p

Well, I wont be using shampoos. I will clarify with acv or baking soda, and that does not include co-washing because I no longer do those. I will just cleanse with acv or baking soda or shikakai for better results, then condition my hair like usual and hopefully after a month repeat the process.

Oh okay so it'll be like a modified curly girl regime just washing on a monthly bases. Be careful with the baking soda though one false measurement can spell disaster.

I wash once a month when i redo my twists.

I tend to switch up a lot with hair cleansers bc i am trying to find something that i love. I use either Trader Joe's Nourish spa shamppo, CON, or Baking soda.

I recently began gently rinsing my twists at the two week mark...but i think im going to stop :look:

I also use witch hazel on my scalp during the week to freshen up.

I know there are more infrequent washers dont be afraid. For those who use herbs to cleanse scalp, how is it working for you?

I know sera has a youtube video of herb washing that's very informative so you can check that out just for the aryuvedic standpoint of it.

Well I'm trying to be a once a month washer, but I sweat a lot so I have to wash often, but in the beginning all I did was wash, blow dry, flat iron and wrap once a month....and that was it, but I'm relaxed so its probably different....But I'm going to try again, because I think once a month works for me. All I did was shampoo with a sulfate free shampoo, deep condition, and condition....and it lasted me for a while, but when the sweat kicked it, I had to wash more often.....HTH......?!?!

I don't know if I could do that. However I just started using a sulfur mix and my scalp feels clean despite working out and sweaty. So I'm not washing this week. My hair is uber moisturized (I moisturize, seal, and apply my sulfur mix twice a day). We will see how this goes. I'm also wearing my hair in a knot out updo.

I shampoo my hair w/ traditional shampoos about once a month. Or basically on an as needed basis. My hair does not like shampoo of any sort:nono: so I shampoo w/ baking soda or some other uber moisturizing, or mild clarifying shampoo as needed. Otherwise, I CW. I usually wear PS of some sort throughout the month. i am texlaxed. I CW, seal w/ oils, and PS unless doing a length check or for special occassion.

Well I'm trying to be a once a month washer, but I sweat a lot so I have to wash often, but in the beginning all I did was wash, blow dry, flat iron and wrap once a month....and that was it, but I'm relaxed so its probably different....But I'm going to try again, because I think once a month works for me. All I did was shampoo with a sulfate free shampoo, deep condition, and condition....and it lasted me for a while, but when the sweat kicked it, I had to wash more often.....HTH......?!?!

I sweat to but I just make sure to message my scalp every night and put my hair in moisturized twists to keep my style fresh.

Tomorrow will be a week with no washing. My hair/scalp doesn't smell and also my hair is very moisturized because I twist it at night with water and AOHSR conditioner, sometimes shea butter. If I dont want to retwist, I just clip my hair down with bobby pins and sleep.(I wear twist out)

how do u apply witch hazel and have u heard of mixing it with mouthwash?

I wash once a month when i redo my twists.

I tend to switch up a lot with hair cleansers bc i am trying to find something that i love. I use either Trader Joe's Nourish spa shamppo, CON, or Baking soda.

I recently began gently rinsing my twists at the two week mark...but i think im going to stop :look:

I also use witch hazel on my scalp during the week to freshen up.

I basically wash my DDs hair once a month while in braids--I shampoo the scalp only and put tons of conditioner on the braids. The longest I go without washing my own is 2 weeks.

I basically wash my DDs hair once a month while in braids--I shampoo the scalp only and put tons of conditioner on the braids. The longest I go without washing my own is 2 weeks.

O goodie:spinning:! I bet your daughter's hair is nice and healthy. When I think back to my childhood, I dont remember wash days. This leads me to believe that I didn't get them all too often.

I have officially gone 7 days without washing, only 13 more days. I will wash the beginning of next month to make it even. I plan on washing the first Tuesday of each month.

Back