*Reflections on my setback*

sunbubbles

Hey ladies! *sigh* Well Im just sitting here thinking to myself. I know that most ppl experience a setback b4 they eventually reach their hair goals, and I guess that its my time now. What happened?? Well for starters, I was natural for 3 yrs. It was a GREAT experience and I was able to reach APL with that! However, Im ready for some more stretched styles, and since I didnt want to perm (at first), I decided to give BKT a try. BIG MISTAKE!! I gave myself 2 applications within 2 days, and I think it was just too much heat for my hair. I suspect I lost a good 1-1/2 inches from that drama. SO, I decided to go ahead and texlax (October 2010) I should have just texlaxed from jump instead of trying the BKT. Fast forward to yesterday..............I did my touchup @18wks post. I now know that I simply CANNOT stretch that long so 12 wks will be my MAX from now on. BREAKAGE CITY!!!!!

ANYWAYS the point is that in Dec 2010 I measured at 11-1/2 inches, and yesterday (february) I measured in at 12 inches. I only retained 1/2 inch???!!!! :nono: which is crazy cause I know my hair is growing (them naps was fierce b4 my touch-up!!!:lol:)and my ends are thin looking, but at least my hair is CRAZY thick so no one can tell the difference, but I can.........:sad: So this obviously has to be a retention problem.

My Plan????- Im thinking about going on a 12mth wig/weave challenge, a la LadyPaniolo. *sigh* hopefully Ive learned my lessons for 2011, I dont want anymore setbacks
Sorry for the long, drawn out whine fest, but I needed to vent!!:spinning: Thx for listening ladies! HHG

sorry to hear it...and it always sucks I don't know a single person that has NEVER had a set back of sorts but hey, you learned right? I think you have a great plan of action. and I don't think .5 is bad at all considering it's winter.

Really sorry to hear about your setback. But the good news is you understand where it went wrong and have a good plan for reaching your goals. Good luck! :D

So now this is the year to remain persistant and consistent with a simple reggie!

I wish you all the best this year. Thank you for sharring your story.

I'm sorry for your setback! I am probably the Queen of setbacks and am going through one myself, so I completely understand the frustration. You have a great plan to go forward now.

OP sorry to hear that. It happens to all of us at some point. I had set back after set back every frickin year till 2007 LOL

Sorry to hear about your setback and like the previous poster stated, you sound like you have a good plan. So, it'll be okay. Don't feel too bad; at least you DID retain something.

Also, what made you do 2 applications of BKT within 2 days? Did you not like the initial results?

Sorry to hear about your setback and like the previous poster stated, you sound like you have a good plan. So, it'll be okay. Don't feel too bad; at least you DID retain something.

Also, what made you do 2 applications of BKT within 2 days? Did you not like the initial results?

Hey Girly! I liked my BKT results the first time, however I felt I wanted it straighter. Which is why I should have just texlaxed from the jump! Lol

Back