Reevaluating hair

CheerBear

I was looking at hair strands that had shed and realized that my hair isn't really thick.....it used to be, but where I thought it was thick, it's dense. I just hae alot of it, it's always fine...which explains why it gets weighed down so easily...Another thing I noticed is that my hair type is sporatically different..how some women may be one type at the crown, another on the sides, etc, i have random patches side by side of different types, growth rates.

I have the same type of hair. The individual hairs are fine; I just have tons of hair. That's one reason why I'm always cautious going to a new stylist, even one in my regular salon, as people tend to see the amount of hair and want to use brut force.

Me too! For years I thought I had coarse hair. One day at work, I touched a co-workers hair and was shocked by how thick each one of her hair strands were.

But it still took me a years to figure out that even most hair stylists didn't get it. In fact, I just fired my last hairdresser because in the middle of an argument about how long he should leave the relaxer in my hair he exclaimed, "You have coarse hair". And it all became clear to me: why my hair was overprocessed, why I can't use alot of products because it weighs my hair down or kills it. Heating appliances that most hairdressers use are too hot 'cuz they're treating everyone's hair like it's coarse.

I just wish I knew fifteen years ago what I know now.

We have the same type hair. I have fine strands, but a lot of them. I don't like to use anything with oil in it on my hair once it's dry. It will always go stringy and limp

I don't go to stylists that often, but I hate when they pull out that can of oil sheen and spray each section before flat-ironing or curling, because the curls aren't going to last more than 1 day. I'm glad that serums are catching on at salons.

Seperate question:
Has anyone ever had a "cowlick" on the ends of their hair. In the back middle of my hair, the ends always flip back up instead of curling under.

myco, I do...I had a not so bright hairstylist who used to tell me that those ends are just bad so you need to cut if off and it'll lay right...WTF?!?!?!.

Same thing here. But if I keep getting trims and it eventually happens again, obviously it's not damaged ends.

It's one of the reasons I always where curls on the ends of my hair. Rarely can I get the ends to all looked beveled and stay that way.

Back