reconstructor, protein conditioner, do you need both?

kaytorry

If you are using a reconstructor, do you still need to add protein or use deep protein conditioners?

I've been doing this lately. I'll use a Reconstructor following the directions usually 1-10 minutes *or whatever it says* and then I'll do a Protein Rx (under dryer) about 20 minutes or so.

And steam with my Moisturizing DC'er.

ETA: I know lots of Ladies that DC with SSI Okra Reconstructor and don't follow up with Moisture or Protein and says their hair is Strong & Soft.

When I use SSI Okra, I still do a Moisturizing DC'er. I haven't used a Reconstructor alone.

for me protein conditioner and reconstructor can be the same cause it only depends in what names companies give to their products(yes sometimes it's just marketing). after that, the real difference wiill be on the ingredients and we will see if one is an heavy protein product(reconstructor) or a simple (light to medium) protein product.

but personnaly you don't need both, the choice just depends on your regimen,
I prefer to use protein bi-monthly(light to medium protein condish) than every 6 to 8 (reconstructor)

For me, it depends upon my purpose for using each product.

If I desire enduring strength and elasticity, I will use a reconstructor because I know that its small protein molecules will penetrate the hair and provide me with optimal results. However, if I need to address a porosity issue, I will use a protein-based conditioner due to its ability to coat the hair.

In essence, the difference lies in the function of each product as dictated by the size of the protein molecules: smaller, penetrative molecules = reconstructor; larger molecules that coat and fill in cracks = protein conditioner.

For me, it depends upon my purpose for using each product.

If I desire enduring strength and elasticity, I will use a reconstructor because I know that its small protein molecules will penetrate the hair and provide me with optimal results. However, if I need to address a porosity issue, I will use a protein-based conditioner due to its ability to coat the hair.

In essence, the difference lies in the function of each product as dictated by the size of the protein molecules: smaller, penetrative molecules = reconstructor; larger molecules that coat and fill in cracks = protein conditioner.

PJaye Nice Post!:grin: (Even if you are a P-J) Anyway, This right here is why I started doing both.

Back