Recommendations for leave-in detangler?

I have 4B hair, too, and I can honestly say that the best leave-in detangler I've used is from Qhemet Biologics; it's the new Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee. I'm natural and it shocked me how much slip it had in my hair. :yep:

Hi Barbara, sorry for the late response. I am new to this site, therefore, I don't know all of the hair terms as of yet. I hope you can help me out in finding out which hair type I fall under. Naturally, I have a nice grade of hair. My new growth is soft and it curls up when wet. The middle is straight (from me putting a Motions perm on it a year ago, trying to get rid of the curls) and the ends of my hair also curls up when wet. I have been using Designer Touch texturizers for a few years now, and really, I can do without a perm/texturizer all together, I do so to make it more manageable for me...

The product is a clear serum. It comes in a six oz bottle and it cost around 7 bucks.

Giovanni Direct Leave In
Kinky Curly Knot Today

I have already tried the GDLI. In fact, I put some on today, lol. it is just meh as a detangler, and i still can't tell how i fell about it on my hair afterwards.

in the beginning it is all soft and lovely, but when it dried, i fell like my hair becomes crunchy. I'm still not to sure about moisturization too. :perplexed

i might just end up going with the knot today, or sth else recommmended on here:yep:

I get great slip from adding oil to TRESemme Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner. I use an ayurvedic oil infusion I made with coconut oil, amla, brahmi, bringraj and hibiscus powders, but you can use any oil you like. Rinses easily, leaving soft detangled hair.

ETA using the force of water to detangle in the shower can help as well.

I have already tried the GDLI. In fact, I put some on today, lol. it is just meh as a detangler, and i still can't tell how i fell about it on my hair afterwards.

in the beginning it is all soft and lovely, but when it dried, i fell like my hair becomes crunchy. I'm still not to sure about moisturization too. :perplexed

i might just end up going with the knot today, or sth else recommmended on here:yep:
Too much Giovanni Direct Leave In can give one crunch hair. When I use it, I use a moisturizer also.

Donna Marie Miracurl Conditioner & Detangler. I literally only have to add a drop or two of this conditioner, plus maybe an ounce of oil in an 8 oz spray bottle filled with water and detangling is a breeze.

Back