Recent Sera video... if you are a new member please take a look at this natural head!

Re: Recent Sera video... if you are a new member please take a look at this natural h

I am definitely a fan of hers. Her fotki inspired me to go natural. I saw her fotki back in the day when she was still MBL....She continues to inspire me. Thanks for sharing...

Re: Recent Sera video... if you are a new member please take a look at this natural h

I was natural back in the late 90s and always thought that my type of hair could not grow long. Her hair is so long and she was the first person with natural 4b/c hair that I had seen with such long hair. She showed me it was possible. Prior to seeing her and a few others I never even thought about having long hair, I figured my terminal legnth was NL lol. I am just a little past nl now and hope I can one day be MBL,it still feels like a dream though... I think I need to PS lol.

She also inspired me and helped me.beleive in my hair...that it is possible for us all. I was at nl for over 10years !!! Now me longest layers reached Apl. I trimmed 2weeks ago though but i beleive that it grows .

coolsister-paris
I think you and I have the same hair type ( I would say I am mostly 4b with some of the crown being 4a). Your hair looks nice and healthy. I am not yet apl, maybe I can make it by the end of the year. I think I need to PS to get there. Whenever I bc ( I have done it number of times since 1998) it seems that my hair grows well that first year, and then I do not get much retention after that due to hard water and ssks and maybe the wash and gos that I do, and plain old lack of moisture. I think I need to low manipulation styles to reach my goal.

I don't know why, but I cannot sit and watch them fiddle with their hair. I always fast forward to the end.

zoromo said:
coolsister-paris
I think you and I have the same hair type ( I would say I am mostly 4b with some of the crown being 4a). Your hair looks nice and healthy. I am not yet apl, maybe I can make it by the end of the year. I think I need to PS to get there. Whenever I bc ( I have done it number of times since 1998) it seems that my hair grows well that first year, and then I do not get much retention after that due to hard water and ssks and maybe the wash and gos that I do, and plain old lack of moisture. I think I need to low manipulation styles to reach my goal.

Cool. Do you have pics ? im on my cell phone so cant see your signature.ive been asking myself for long if my front hairs and some at back were 4a ...and the rest 4b.too lazy to search the difference and confirm, so.i say 4b.

I love her, always have! She handles her hair very well.

Her hair is inspiring. Thanks for posting this OP!

@coolsister-
I do not have close up pics of the texture but I have style pics and maybe you can see the texture.

Attachments

• old fro.jpg
    old fro.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 13
  • bumps.jpg
    bumps.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 13
  • roller set.jpg
    roller set.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 13
  • texture 2.jpg
    texture 2.jpg