recent BCers....progress updates!!!

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
Those of you have done the BC within the last couple of months...how's your growth coming along? Any "now" and "then" photos welcome!!!!

I did the BC last year November. I think my hair has grown alot. It is much healthier and thicker but I hope to gain more length after I try to stretch my texturizer to 6 months. Pics are in my album.

you could open up a bss with all them products! how are you liking your hair? if you take a strand and you stretch it, how long is it?

i cut the permed ends off at the end of dec i think i have a decent amount of growth i just let my hair rest for a week with deep treatments and put some more braids in thursday and i am leaving them in for 10 weeks my last perm was june 04 i was bald at the back and now i can make little pony tails

I did the BC on march 27th after transitioning for a year and a half. So far so good :yep:
This thread reminded me to take pictures today after I washed it. I'll put them up in a minute.
Not much to see yet since it hasn't been that long. I think it's in better condition after a few weeks of consistent moisturizing and low manipulation. Kinda hard to *see* any length difference yet but I can tell it has gotten a little longer when I wash it in the shower.

Last edited:
It's only been 2 weeks since I chopped. The only thing that I have noticed is that I can do my hair much faster. No new pics yet.

PittGirl06 said:
you could open up a bss with all them products! how are you liking your hair? if you take a strand and you stretch it, how long is it?

I know right!!:grin: At first I felt really weird after I did the BC because I have never rocked bald head before but my hair thanks me for taking this big step. I wear a wig most of the time so I don't really have to deal with my own hair until my wash day which is once a week. After my hair has been airdried I plait my hair up and leave it alone until my next wash day. I will continue to wear a wig until I have gained more length in order for me to at least wear a big puff. But so far I love being texturized than having relaxed hair. I have less stress and less damage and I love my curls.

I have not tried to remove a strand of hair and measured it. I will do this whenever I get a hold of a ruler or a tape measure and I will let you know the length.

I chopped the beginning of this month and I swear it's growing already, despite me stopping taking my biotin. I may wear it out for church tomorrow I'll try and take some pics then...

PittGirl06 said:

I measured my hair this morning and it is only 4 inches. :look: I am not sure if I measured it correctly but that's what I got when I used the tape measure.

Back