Real life Rapunzel: now this is long hair! 7ft 10in

Lourdes

Running a comb through her hair is no easy task for Cheng Shiqiong - for the 52-year-old's locks are a massive 2.4 metres (7ft 10in) long.

Cheng, from Yunyang, in southwest China's Chongqing Municipality, has been growing her hair since 1996.

It is now longer than her height, trailing several inches along the floor when it's down.
longhairCFP_468x767.jpg

But she has a long way to go until she beats the world record for having the longest hair.

According to Guiness World Records, this title is held by another China woman, Xie Qiuping, whose hair measured 5.627m (18ft 5in)on May 8, 2004. She had been growing her hair since 1973.

Now that's way too much hair. Especially with it being all thin at the ends. No thank you. I couldn't imagine my 4 b hair being that long. No way!!!! Q

Now that's way too much hair. Especially with it being all thin at the ends. No thank you. I couldn't imagine my 4 b hair being that long. No way!!!! Q

Yeah its not nice, I mean why would you? All that work growing it that long for what? Give me bra strap or waist but not that!

Although I admire her length, it doesnt seem too healthy. That's just way too much hair for me. LOL. I mean I love bunning and everything but ummm hair trailing on the floor...not my deal :ohwell:. Hope she beats the record if that's her goal.

Ooooo, I'll distract her while someone else grabs the scissors. That's at least 3 years worth of weave on that there head:grin:

I'd just like to have the "problem" of 8 ft hair with see through ends.

I'd cut about a foot off and STILL BE THE BADDEST B*^<H on the BLOCK!

<In my best Flava Flav voice> Wowwwwwwwwwwwww!!! Now you KNOW your joint is long when you can say "I need to trim my hair BACK to knee length".

Woah! If she's cold, she can just wrap up in her hair and wear it as a coat!!!! :lachen:

That is way too much hair to maintain. I guess she's growing it to compete for the title of longest hair in the world...she has a while to go though.

I commend her for her growth, but it doesn't look healthy the last 4 feet or so.:ohwell:

Love that staircase. That looks like an actual tune with those musical notes.

Can anyone play that? I wonder if it really is a tune or melody.

Last edited:
Who was saying something about terminal length now? If this doesn't make them eat their words I don't know what will

Who was saying something about terminal length now? If this doesn't make them eat their words I don't know what will

I was thinking the same thing! Her hair strands have a long, long life. Just think what could be achieved through gene therapy!

If she cut that just above her knees and then spiraled it on some Big 2" diameter rods.

Oooo-weee!!
That would be hot!

wow! 52 years old....and no visible gray hairs.....well, not according this pic. Up close it may be a different story!

I wonder if she colors it.....

Back