Ready to Surge...need advice

webby

Think Slim
The search function isn't working, so I'd appreciate a little feedback from you all.

I'm ready to take the surge plunge, but I have absolutely no clue what to start with. Any recommendations?

Also, do the BBS in NYC sell Surge?

I use Surge and have never gotten any bad reactions. I mix castor oil in my bottle for moisture since Surge contains proteins. I mostly use it when I'm in braids. I only use it once a day only on my scalp when I'm wearing a bun. I would suggest using it sparingly until you find out how well it works for you.

Thanks Simply. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't surge make several products...which one do you use?

I have never used surge before, but I was in my local BSS and noticed that they did sell it there.

I use the Surge Revitalizer 14 spray, the Motion Lotion #9 oil and I have the Woogee Cream but I'm still on the fence about that one.

I used to apply it only to my nape and edges only. I just started applying it all over my scalp a few weeks ago. I haven't had any negative reactions yet.

A tip I got from DSD's album:
Replace the Surge spray cap with a dropper top so you don't waste it trying to get it on your scalp only. /images/graemlins/up.gif I use the cap from a WGO bottle.

What a great idea, sassy!! I used all my WGO last night and threw it in my bathroom trash can...Something told me to take it out b/c I might need it!! Then I read this!! That's amazing...LAWD!!

I used Surge for a very short time and stopped using it because the buildup, flaking, and itching from my scalp were too much to bear.

like others I found Surge at Walgreens (in a "non-ethnic" area of So. Cal, in the clearance section for only $1.49...took all 6 bottles!) & been using it for about a month now at least once a day. Since I use it to prevent split ends & breakage, (per the label) i spray onto my entire head (transfered it to a trigger spray bottle cuz that finger pumping gets tiring quick!). It softens my hair nicely enuff so I can easily comb/brush into my bun (I'm 100% natural)I finish up with a nice dab of ntm silk leave-in or Headress and a little FOTE av gel on my edges & a tie-down for 15 minutes or so.... beautiful results...I love it!

I refuse to use the Surge 14 anymore. It's water based, and it tangles up my newgrowth something terrible. The protein made my hair a bit brittle. /images/graemlins/antlers.gif

When my UltraMax arrives, I'll microwave it til it's runny and oily. Then I can resume daily applications to my scalp in the shower using an applicator bottle with a pointy tip.

I just posted a thread re: Surging after relaxing. Since I'm a relatively new Surge 14 user (and not technically qualified to give advice), I would encourage you to wait 1 week before and after relaxing (as others have recommended to me). I experienced just a little more shedding than normal after I relaxed and applied Surge the other day.

I do think it's a great product and I'll continue to use it-just not in conjunction with chemical services.

SG

I used the spray- applied it directly to the scalp and followed with oil for moisture. I can't say Surge did one bit to increase my hair growth but it definitely elimated my scary postpartum shedding.

[ QUOTE ]
The search function isn't working, so I'd appreciate a little feedback from you all.

I'm ready to take the surge plunge, but I have absolutely no clue what to start with. Any recommendations?

Also, do the BBS in NYC sell Surge?

[/ QUOTE ] I bought mines at Rite Aid in the Bronx.

I use Surge 14 and spray it on twice a day. It makes my scalp itch, too, so I massage it with my wide-toothed round tipped comb. I got mine at a CVS in a black neighborhood. It makes my hair grow about twice as fast.

Unfortunately in some of the new baby hairs, I'm seeing GRAY hair. /images/graemlins/cry3.gif I've spotted 3 so far. These are my firsts.

Back