RAVE: Joico Silk Result Shampoo & Condish

poookie

I just wanted to give a detailed review of the shampoo and conditioner from the Joico Silk Result Line...

and here it is...

BUY IT!!!
IT IS AMAZING
!!!!
SIMPLY HAIRGASMIC
!!!

I have NEVER encountered products with this much slip!!!!!

** DISCLAIMER **
I bought the shampoo and cond. from the beauty supply store. i could tell the bottles had been on the shelf for quite some time. so i can only imagine that fresh, new bottles of this product would be SO much more amazing.
- also, i'm relaxed, so my hair is already pretty much straight. i'm sure that if you've got more texture in your hair, the results will be more dramatic, as this line is VERY detangling.

SHAMPOO:
i poured a teensie bit onto my fingertips, and work that into my scalp. it has a TON of lather, and only a tiny bit was needed to cleanse my whole head of hair. reminded me of Cream of Nature, except i could tell it wouldn't leave buildup on my scalp, and it had SOOO much more slip. this is the best detangling shampoo i have ever used.

the smell wasn't unpleasant-- it smelled clean and fresh on my scalp, but something smelled a little off while in the bottle. but i'll attribute that to the fact that they'd probably been sitting on the BSS shelf for a while.

CONDITIONER:
OH MY GOODNESS. THE SLIP WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! i used 1.5 half dollar sized amounts on my whole head of hair. the directions said to leave it on for 1 minute, but i left it on for 5. while i was working the product through my hair, my hair felt SO SOFT. and rinsing it out was a DREAM! for those of you that LOVE the ORS replenishing paks / conditioner, it had about 53.5 times more slip. also... one of the things i dislike about the ORS conditioner is how all that slip seems to disappear once you rinse the product out. with the silk result conditioner, it seems like the slip was infused into my hair. i decided to use a dime-sized amount on my hair as a leave-in, and it made blow-drying a BREEZE.

and the smell is very pleasant. not too strong at all, which made me a little sad... i LOVE heavily scented conditioners. :grin: but it lingered on my hair, even after blow-drying, and that made me happy.

these have become my staple products. and i can see them being very beneficial for natural & texlaxed folk, who are having issues with detangling.

however... there are cones, sulfates, and parabens, as with most salon products. for those of you who are afraid of buildup, damaged cuticles, and cancer in the long term, those ingredients might steer you away. go on google for the full list of ingredients.

i hope that this review takes all you people who were on the fence about joico... AND PUSHES YOU RIGHT OVER!! :lachen:

Back away from the thread YOU DO NOT NEED anymore products :sekret: So how much is it?:ohwell:

ETA: Just ordered it :dead:

Last edited:
I just wanted to give a detailed review of the shampoo and conditioner from the Joico Silk Result Line...

and here it is...

BUY IT!!!
IT IS AMAZING!!!!
SIMPLY HAIRGASMIC!!!

I have NEVER encountered products with this much slip!!!!!

** DISCLAIMER **
I bought the shampoo and cond. from the beauty supply store. i could tell the bottles had been on the shelf for quite some time. so i can only imagine that fresh, new bottles of this product would be SO much more amazing.
- also, i'm relaxed, so my hair is already pretty much straight. i'm sure that if you've got more texture in your hair, the results will be more dramatic, as this line is VERY detangling.

SHAMPOO:
i poured a teensie bit onto my fingertips, and work that into my scalp. it has a TON of lather, and only a tiny bit was needed to cleanse my whole head of hair. reminded me of Cream of Nature, except i could tell it wouldn't leave buildup on my scalp, and it had SOOO much more slip. this is the best detangling shampoo i have ever used.

the smell wasn't unpleasant-- it smelled clean and fresh on my scalp, but something smelled a little off while in the bottle. but i'll attribute that to the fact that they'd probably been sitting on the BSS shelf for a while.

CONDITIONER:
OH MY GOODNESS. THE SLIP WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! i used 1.5 half dollar sized amounts on my whole head of hair. the directions said to leave it on for 1 minute, but i left it on for 5. while i was working the product through my hair, my hair felt SO SOFT. and rinsing it out was a DREAM! for those of you that LOVE the ORS replenishing paks / conditioner, it had about 53.5 times more slip. also... one of the things i dislike about the ORS conditioner is how all that slip seems to disappear once you rinse the product out. with the silk result conditioner, it seems like the slip was infused into my hair. i decided to use a dime-sized amount on my hair as a leave-in, and it made blow-drying a BREEZE.

and the smell is very pleasant. not too strong at all, which made me a little sad... i LOVE heavily scented conditioners. :grin: but it lingered on my hair, even after blow-drying, and that made me happy.

these have become my staple products. and i can see them being very beneficial for natural & texlaxed folk, who are having issues with detangling.

however... there are cones, sulfates, and parabens, as with most salon products. for those of you who are afraid of buildup, damaged cuticles, and cancer in the long term, those ingredients might steer you away. go on google for the full list of ingredients.

i hope that this review takes all you people who were on the fence about joico... AND PUSHES YOU RIGHT OVER!! :lachen:

I'm sorry.... but I am :lol: :lol: :lol:

*TEAM JOICO*

:)

Thanks for the review, I absolutely love Joico products , just last night I ordered the moisture retention and just bought k pak intense hydrator again and going by your review, i find it impossible not to try this lol:)

Last edited:
Thx for the review.

I just started back using the Moisture Recovery line after a little break. I actually asked myself why did I stop to begin with becauase my hair just loves their products. I've tried the Silk Results blowdrying creme, now the poo and condish are next on my list.

Honestly I so love the Joico line. I just bought the Body Luxe condish the other day...oh my. oh my....it was even better than the Kpak and Moisture Recovery lines. Well the Silk is on my shopping list now. I am a Joico lover for life ;)

Thanks...I'm gonna give this a try!!! Joico Kpak is my staple....but I'm having a problem with tangling lately

1-9-09Dd.jpg

I just washed my hair with the Silk Result Shampoo and Conditioner for Thick/Coarse hair.

First, you MUST use the entire line. My initial reaction to the shampoo was :perplexed. Not impressed.

BUT ...

When I added the conditioner to my hair :love3::gorgeous::reddancer:like silk!

I then added a little Daily Moisturizer, Mizani Intense Nighttime and the Joico serum. My hair is now braided up for a braid out tomorrow morning. That will be the true test.

I will report back in the morning.

Honestly I so love the Joico line. I just bought the Body Luxe condish the other day...oh my. oh my....it was even better than the Kpak and Moisture Recovery lines. Well the Silk is on my shopping list now. I am a Joico lover for life ;)

See, I shouldn't have come into this thread. Now I want to try the Body Luxe.

Yes, I want even thicker hair.:grin:

Ok, I am not sure about the Joico Silk Result :ohwell:. I am not sure if I did an incomplete braid out or what but I don't like the results. My hair is too straight. Again, it good be that I did not do my braids tight enough and I think that I should have applied the Mizani first and then the Daily Conditioner to my ends.

I will try the Silk Result again tonight and the Body Luxe this weekend.

I just bought this last weekend after a TERRIBLE blowdrying/flatironing experience. I won't be using it for a month until my hair FULLY recovers, but I'm really excited about it, especially after seeing your review. And taz007 said her hair was too straight, which is exactly what I'm looking for :grin:. I can't wait to report back with results!

Ok, I am not sure about the Joico Silk Result :ohwell:. I am not sure if I did an incomplete braid out or what but I don't like the results. My hair is too straight. I will try the Silk Result again tonight and the Body Luxe this weekend.

Uh Oh:nono::nono: Yeah, come back and do tell all.........

IDareT'sHair,

Tell me about the Daily Moisturizing conditioner vs the Daily Conditioner. Is there a difference? Which is better?

I think I messed up and got the Daily Conditioner instead of the Daily Moisturizing Conditioner.

I will be purchasing the Body Luxe and Daily Moisturizing conditioner on my way home from work today.

IDareT'sHair,Tell me about the Daily Moisturizing conditioner vs the Daily Conditioner. Is there a difference? I think I messed up and got the Daily Conditioner instead of the Daily Moisturizing Conditioner. I will be purchasing the Body Luxe and Daily Moisturizing conditioner on my way home from work today.

Sure::grin:

One is the K-Pak Daily Conditioner for Damaged Hair; This moisture-rich daily conditioner reconstructs and strengthens damaged hair. Detangles and eliminates static while leaving hair smooth, shiny and healthy.

The Other is: The Daily Moisturizing Conditioner; Fortified with Panthenol this moisturizing treatment conditions dry, damaged hair with a Ph Balance of 3.5 helps to restore the cuticle to a more natural state by restoring body & elasticity. Hair is rehydrated, demonstrating more luster, manageability and softness.

Both are rinse out conditioning Treatments.

Sure::grin:

One is the K-Pak Daily Conditioner for Damaged Hair; This moisture-rich daily conditioner reconstructs and strengthens damaged hair. Detangles and eliminates static while leaving hair smooth, shiny and healthy.

The Other is: The Daily Moisturizing Conditioner; Fortified with Panthenol this moisturizing treatment conditions dry, damaged hair with a Ph Balance of 3.5 helps to restore the cuticle to a more natural state by restoring body & elasticity. Hair is rehydrated, demonstrating more luster, manageability and softness.

Both are rinse out conditioning Treatments.

Which do you like better? It is T-45 minutes until I am on my way to pick up some Body Luxe and The Daily Moisturizing Conditioner.

I've liked every JOICO product I've tried, but haven't touched the Silk line yet. I definitely will look at it next time!

I think it's the combination of having a small amount of protein in every product (even the "moisturizing" conditioners) and the low pH that really leave your hair feeling fab. And there are different variations you can use depending on what your hair needs that day (I keep K-pak and Moisture Recovery in stock at all times)

Which do you like better? It is T-45 minutes until I am on my way to pick up some Body Luxe and The Daily Moisturizing Conditioner.

Hey Taz, Sorry I just saw this.:rolleyes: I was all caught up in "the news"

So did you buy them both (Which was going to be my recommendation).:look:

I figure the K-Pak probably has the Protein and the other is basically a Moisturizing Treatment. So, they both could come in very handy.

I just checked my stash and realized that I already bought the Joico Color Endure shampoo and conditioner. I haven't tried them as yet though. I aslo have the Silk Result Shampoo and haven't tried it either. I wanted to get the matching conditioner for it before I tred it, IDK! I'll see. You ladies are getting me so excited about Joico.

I also wanted to look into getting that body luxe but hadn't heard a review on it as yet and I think MAMATO likes it so that's gonna be added to my wish list as well. I may be using Joico products more than I use my Mizani products. I'll purchase Mizani in small sizes and maybe Joico in large bottles:yep:. Yeah, that'll work perfectly.

I just checked my stash and realized that I already bought the Joico Color Endure shampoo and conditioner. I haven't tried them as yet though. I aslo have the Silk Result Shampoo and haven't tried it either. I wanted to get the matching conditioner for it before I tred it, IDK! I'll see. You ladies are getting me so excited about Joico.

I also wanted to look into getting that body luxe but hadn't heard a review on it as yet and I think MAMATO likes it so that's gonna be added to my wish list as well. I may be using Joico products more than I use my Mizani products. I'll purchase Mizani in small sizes and maybe Joico in large bottles:yep:. Yeah, that'll work perfectly.

I was just looking on-line at thie Daily Balancing Conditioner. It sounds really good too.:look:

I got the Protect and Shine Serum in the mail today.:yay:Even though I don't use "direct heat" I will use it when I slick my hair back for Bunning under the Dryer.

Perhaps you should to do a Quick Inventory to make sure you are not duplicating your Purchases. You may already have quite a few things.

I was just looking on-line at thie Daily Balancing Conditioner. It sounds really good too.:look:

I got the Protect and Shine Serum in the mail today.:yay:Even though I don't use "direct heat" I will use it when I slick my hair back for Bunning under the Dryer.

Perhaps you should to do a Quick Inventory to make sure you are not duplicating your Purchases. You may already have quite a few things.
You know Terri, I think you're right. I'll check my stash before I order anything else. This is sad that I don't know what all I have:nono:. No more buying until I take full stock of my hair product inventory:look:.

Back