RAVE: Aphogee EFA Concentrated Oil (PJs beware)

sareca

I added 1.5 tsps (actually DH did) to the relaxer along with a capful of pure protein and :wow: .

My NG is so soft and moist. After a relaxer my hair usually feels a little rough and flat--at least until I clarify. Right now it's amazingly supple, smooth and thick. I can't stop touching it. I can't wait until it's time to clarify. :eek: I wish I had done this last year. :wallbash:

Aphogee EFA is right up there with henna, Eqyss and red palm. I will not apply another relaxer without it. :nono: You can also use it as a pre-poo, hot oil treatment, conditioner additive or makeup remover AND it's only $7 for 16oz! :eek: I just brought 2 more bottles. For some reason it's kind hard to find. :confused:

Just thought I'd share.

Must...not...reach...for...debit...card:wallbash:

But yeah where can I find this protein you speak of??:look:
Do you have to let it sit after you add the protein and oil??

Last edited:
I love this oil I use it in my sulphur mix. I made sure to stock up on it when I heard it was being discontinued.

I haven't seen it any stores. The place I got it last year stopped carrying it. :( I just ordered more from here. It does slow down processing time so if you're going for super straight you might not want to use it.

So, I mixed the relaxer per the instructions and allowed it to develop for the recommended time (5 minutes). After that added 1 capful of pure protein from StyleOne and 1.5 tsp of EFA oil. Here's my completely relaxer reggy.

I added the protein to the relaxer last year and I couldn't tell any difference afterwards. This year was a totally different story. This oil made an immediate, noticeable difference.

I love this oil I use it in my sulphur mix. I made sure to stock up on it when I heard it was being discontinued.

Aaaaah-nooooo! :eek:

Off to order a few more bottles and call Aphogee. *sigh* Sorry for the rave thread. That's why it's been so hard to find.

Last edited:
Ha! I was just stalking your fotki yesterday and planned on picking up some EFA for my next touchup. :yep: I was going to add EVOO to my relaxer but I may add a little of this instead. I plan on relaxing about 90% so I will prolly use a bit less.

I have a question, sorry for being slow - you add the oil to the ENTIRE relaxer mix? Im wondering if I should just scoop out what I think Ill need and add the EFA to that. I guess Im afraid that leaving the EFA in the relaxer til my next touchup (10 weeks) may cause some adverse reactions.

Im still going to order some now tho. I can mix it with EVERYTHING!! :thumbsup: I may as well order some keratin as well.

ETA - Did you do your indigo right after you texturized? I bought some indigo cuz I wanna go dark this fall/winter.

Last edited:
Does anyone have the ingredients listing for this product? I am interested in using it, but I want as much information as possible.

TIA

Tyrablu

I cut and pasted this from another thread:

Soybean Oil ( linoleic acid, oleic acid, palmitic acid, linolenic acid, stearic acid)
Leithin
Sesame Oil
Corn oil
benzoic acid
proplyparoben
HTH...

It does slow down processing time so if you're going for super straight you might not want to use it.

Soooooo it slows down relaxer processing, but if you leave the relaxer on longer will you be able to achieve straight results or are you going to be texlaxed no matter what once you add it? Cause ANYTHING you half way mention girl, I run out and buy it!:yep::look: but I would like to have straight hair after a relaxer.:ohwell:

Soooooo it slows down relaxer processing, but if you leave the relaxer on longer will you be able to achieve straight results or are you going to be texlaxed no matter what once you add it? Cause ANYTHING you half way mention girl, I run out and buy it!:yep::look: but I would like to have straight hair after a relaxer.:ohwell:

LOL!

I know some people do it, but I almost never recommend
going over the max time for your hair texture. Scary. :nervous2:

Has anybody else done that?

I know everytime I looked for this in Sally's they never had it. Maybe they now have started back carrying it. i'm assuming this is better than your average oil b/c it's concentrated?

Back