Rate My Conditioner!

Is VO5 Tea Therapy w/Chamomile Tea a good moisturizing cheapy co-wash con?

• Yes!

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No!

• Okay but not great.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You can do better. Please explain......

• Total voters

CurlyMoo

I have fallen in love with my cheapy conditioner and have been using it for a few months now. I was wondering if I had the right conditioner for what I want it to do. I use it as my cheapy, co-wash, add in conditioner. I just want moisture, smoothing and conditioning from it. I add molasses to this sometimes when I want to DC for extra moisture.

Can you guys look at the ingredients and tell me if my conditioner has any cones, protein or anything in it that is bad for my hair?

VO5 Tea Therapy Nourishing Conditioner

Here are the ingredients:

Water (Aqua, EAU), Cetyl Alcohol, Steralkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Fragrance (Parfum), DMDM Hydantion, Disodium EDTA, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Stearl Alcohol, Steareth-21, Sorbitol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Asorbic Acid, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Camella Sinesis Leaf Extract, Niacinamide, Biotin

cetyl alcohol is evil to my hair...
every product I have that pretends to be great at first and then leaves my hair like straw the next day has the horrid cetyl alcohol in it...
it might not do that to your hair, but I wouldn't buy this cuz its the 2nd ingredient...
then after that is the chloride... i avoid that too...
The first 3 ingredients just look like fillers that dry out my hair, and theyre first so they are mostly those... but whats your hair type, it may treat u different than me...
its so funny that you posted btw... I was just thinking literally 5 secs. ago... where is the girl with the equalizer siggy, I need to ask her about that... Is that you? Do u have a gun? I love that pic its so SASSY :grin:

cetyl alcohol is evil to my hair...
every product I have that pretends to be great at first and then leaves my hair like straw the next day has the horrid cetyl alcohol in it...
it might not do that to your hair, but I wouldn't buy this cuz its the 2nd ingredient...
then after that is the chloride... i avoid that too...
The first 3 ingredients just look like fillers that dry out my hair, and theyre first so they are mostly those... but whats your hair type, it may treat u different than me...

its so funny that you posted btw... I was just thinking literally 5 secs. ago... where is the girl with the equalizer siggy, I need to ask her about that... Is that you? Do u have a gun? I love that pic its so SASSY :grin:

:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed @ bolded

Good to know thank you. I'm a combination of 3b-4a. My hair is thick however my 3's feel more delicate than my 4's. Even though my breakage consists of the 4's.

See profile message about gun siggy.

Last edited:
The VO5s are generally co-wash friendly if you hair responds well to it. I don't think any of the VO5s from this line have silicones, and this one doesn't appear to have protein either (my hair's OK with protein).

cheapie conditioners never really did me much good in terms of untangling and moisture. I use hairveda moist condition pro to cowash.

Back