Rash from Jamila henna

• Thread starter Thread starter Reslnt1
  • Start date Start date
R

Reslnt1

Has anyone had a adverse reaction to this brand of henna? I used it for the first time on Saturday and now i have a rash behind both ears and a little along my hair line in the front. If so what did you do to get rid of the the rash....or did youjust go to the doctor?

I'm sorry you got a rash, that sounds like an allergic reaction. I haven't had that happen, but I know Mestiza had an allergic reaction to another brand and had to got to the dermeratoglist it was so severe. Maybe she'll check in soon...

If the rash persists and you are in discomfort, see a dr. Feel better soon, dear. :hug2:

thanks a buch priestess..
i just spoke with the employee nurse at my hospital and she told me to try some hydrocortisone and if it doesnt let up in 3 days then go to the dr.

I'm sorry you got a rash, that sounds like an allergic reaction. I haven't had that happen, but I know Mestiza had an allergic reaction to another brand and had to got to the dermeratoglist it was so severe. Maybe she'll check in soon...

If the rash persists and you are in discomfort, see a dr. Feel better soon, dear. :hug2:

I didn't see this thread until, now. You are correct, Priestess. I had a severe allergic reaction (swelling, burning and rash) to Mumtaz Henna. It was very frightening and very painful.
16.gif
Thank goodness, I haven't had any of those problems w/ any of the other brands of henna, including Jamila, that I've used.
I hope that you are feeling better, Reslnt1.
1.gif

I didn't see this thread until, now. You are correct, Priestess. I had a severe allergic reaction (swelling, burning and rash) to Mumtaz Henna. It was very frightening and very painful.
16.gif
Thank goodness, I haven't had any of those problems w/ any of the other brands of henna, including Jamila, that I've used.
I hope that you are feeling better, Reslnt1.
1.gif

Glad you are all better now Mestiza. I remember your reaction was bad, scary stuff. I saw some Mumtaz at my Indian grocer and I was like... :catfight::peek::roadrunner:

I remember that too. It was scary. Metiza did the triage nurse tell you to take benadryl and go to the doctor?

Last edited:
Glad you are all better now Mestiza. I remember your reaction was bad, scary stuff. I saw some Mumtaz at my Indian grocer and I was like... :catfight::peek::roadrunner:

Thanks, Priestess! :)

19.gif
@ your smilies... I'm the same way when I see Mumtaz Henna. That stuff is my enemy.
3.gif

I remember that too. It was scary. Metiza did the triage nurse tell you to take benadryl to go the doctor?

Yep! :yep: My doctor was out of town and I spoke w/ the nurse, and later, w/ him. I was told to take Benadryl right away, go the ER if I became worse and was prescribed medication.

Last edited:
I used henna for the first time last night, I did notice a rash behind my left ear as I was drying my hair. It was not painful or anything... I just remember feeling it there but it went away without incident. I only remembered it just now from reading your post. It does sound like you had an allergic reaction.....I hope it goes away quickly.

okay its all better now....i used the hydrocortisone for a few days and it went away....

Back