Rants of the week: The 1st Week

EccentricRed

Since I began focusing on my haircare journey, I found that one crazy thing regarding my hair (or someone elses hair) would happen a week! So I figure if it's happening to me, it's happening to ya'll as well. Here is my hair rant of the week! (There will be many more, feel free to contribute!)

So...two of my best friends are already natural. One has been natural for 7 years and the other transitioned for 6 months and got her BC about 3 months ago. Another associate of ours found out that my best friend BC'ed, and then her, one of my manterage (I hang out with a lot of guys!) and myself had a discussion about it. My homeboy knows I'm growing my hair out and he asked me what a transitioning meant. Before I could answer, my associate chimed in:

"Well you know how some girls roots look rough when they are about to go get a relaxer? Well, she is doing it on purpose." :boxing:

Obviously, she is not a fan of natural heads. She makes comments all the time on the sly. At first, I was going to get her for speaking out of turn. But I sat and thought about it for a moment. She had healthy looking APL hair when she got to school, and she got it cut to a chin-length bob two years ago. Basically, it has looked just like that since then, except broke off, and thin. First off, I don't care if you are relaxed or natural, but take care of YOUR hair. Secondly, until you take care of YOUR hair, you need to sadown (sat and down together :spinning:) somewhere and stop the judgement. I maintain my hair perfectly fine, it's healthy and certainly not and unruly mess like she makes it sound.

My best friend that BC'ed said "She has about one more time to speak on our hair. Just because she ain't confident enough to rock it, doesn't mean she has to speak on us." Nuff said...

Back