RANT: "Stop bein a wimp and relax your hair!"

myronnie

This is what my lovely and eloquent suitemate told me last night when I was doing my henna treatment..
I thought I was going to relax this week but my hair was too moisturized and I didn't have an adequate amount of neutralizer so I have to wait a couple more weeks.
My suitemate gets on my nerves about hair..when I was rinsing off the hendigo (which is REALLY hard to do..the indigo sticks to the hair so badly) she was like "Stop wasting water!!"
And when I was going to wash out the deep conditioner this morning she added in another comment "Why are you always doing all these hair treatments, your hair is gonna fall out"
Generally, I just LOL at whatever she says..she thinks that I'm weird for doing treatments to my hair and she says that I should use shampoo (which I do..I use herbal essences shampoo..) but it's starting to get on my nerves because I would like to just do my hair without getting crap from somebody..doing hair is supposed to be relaxing.

We also had a debate on if you need neutralizer to do a relaxer :ohwell: She said that I didn't really need neutralizer because I hadn't relaxed my hair in so long that it wouldn't make a difference..:nono: *sigh*

Any other ladies that get crap from people (i.e. college ladies that have to live with other people..lol.) about their hair?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: RANT: "Stop bein a pu$$y and relax your hair!"

Sounds like she has a bout of jealousy...yes?
You do what you want with your hair - YOUR way because it works for you.:yep:

I bet your hair is longer and healthier than hers.

She sounds like she is jealous. I would keep doing what I want and not worry about her.

wth is wrong w/ your suitemate? Why is she so concerned about your hair for? She's probably jealous of your hair.

I mean..yeah, she has ear length hair..I have midback hair..yes, I have longer hair than hers.
HOWEVER, my hair has not been relaxed for a long time and generally AA females shun this, thus in her eyes my hair is not as healthy as hers.
I highly doubt jealousy is a factor..

She sounds a bit jealous. If I were you. When I did my relaxer I'd make sure I actually had neutralizer in the bottle and your ill-informed roommate hasn't messed with it.

... she's jealous!

when her hair is anywhere near as long and healthy as yours, then maybe her two cents will be worth something.

She sounds a bit jealous. If I were you. When I did my relaxer I'd make sure I actually had neutralizer in the bottle and your ill-informed roommate hasn't messed with it.
LMAO I know right??! I have a single though and I generally lock my door unless I've been partying :look: and I keep my hair products hidden
But I was rinsing with my aussie moist and I was like hmm what if she put my ors relaxer in it..:blush:

how exactly does she propose you stop the chemicals from the relaxer w/o a neutralizer? C'MON SON!

She sounds like a HATA 2 me.

Just do u and tell her 2 stop hatin'

Sweet Mercy that's harsh and unnecessary :perplexed. I feel bad that was said to you.

she's not jealous....she's just speaking from the experiences she's had all her life, from all the salons she's been to, hair advice taken from family members, etc.
let's face it...the average person doesn't do henna, indigo, or any type of hair treatments so often, stretch relaxers, etc. i would be lookin' at you kinda funny too, if i wasn't a member here. :yep:
maybe give her a basic explanation once, and then just stop. you may be wasting your breath.

See thats why I can't stand living with people..

My suite mate complained one time that I left shampoo in shower, which is impossible since at the time I was using a pretty transparent runny shampoo and the way the water runs in the shower everything gets drained down. I'm like how can you tell the difference between shampoo and shower gel?!

She is probably jealous, if its not the hair its how knowledgeable you are about treating your hair.

I don't like being rude to people, but you need to tell her to shut her mouth.

In general, people in the dorm aren't really fond of her because of her aggressiveness (and maybe her color..because my college is full of narrowminded prepschool kids)..she's not being mean it's just the way she talks.
but i have told her off after i had too much to drink..supposedly i just stood at the door to the common room cursing at her and how she's such a bad suitemate blah blah blah..lol.
she's a nice person but she gets on my nerves..

Well I jealousy is factor here and she just does not get it that is why her hair will Always be earlength and soon you will be WL.

Just a though

I get what you mean, she's not jealous but she just cares in her own way and is abrasive.
keep hiding all your hair products just in case :giggle:

Have seen this scenario a thousand times. The idea that you do things differently to her and in her mind unconventionally is what really irks her. People do not like others whom live in close proximity as them to show differences. In her mind it means your are both not on the same page (thankfully) thereby widening your differences. Women like this just see the relaxer box lady as the ideal with no thought as to the work that really goes into healthy hair practices. Anything else is showing up the side. The best thing you can do OP is thank her for her opinions but tell her to keep them and let your results speak for themself.

People are CONSTANTLY making comments on me changing up MY hair! I mean it never ends, "why u do this n why u do u change ur your n why don't u stick to one style n blahblahblahBLAH!" I kindly respond to them, "well when you grow some hair, you can do what u want with yours"...

This is what my lovely and eloquent suitemate told me last night when I was doing my henna treatment..
I thought I was going to relax this week but my hair was too moisturized and I didn't have an adequate amount of neutralizer so I have to wait a couple more weeks.
My suitemate gets on my nerves about hair..when I was rinsing off the hendigo (which is REALLY hard to do..the indigo sticks to the hair so badly) she was like "Stop wasting water!!"
And when I was going to wash out the deep conditioner this morning she added in another comment "Why are you always doing all these hair treatments, your hair is gonna fall out"
Generally, I just LOL at whatever she says..she thinks that I'm weird for doing treatments to my hair and she says that I should use shampoo (which I do..I use herbal essences shampoo..) but it's starting to get on my nerves because I would like to just do my hair without getting crap from somebody..doing hair is supposed to be relaxing.

We also had a debate on if you need neutralizer to do a relaxer :ohwell: She said that I didn't really need neutralizer because I hadn't relaxed my hair in so long that it wouldn't make a difference..:nono: *sigh*

Any other ladies that get crap from people (i.e. college ladies that have to live with other people..lol.) about their hair?

so we can see someone is gonna be bald in the future.....

The thought of not using a neutralizer after I relax makes me cringe..eeeek

LMAO I know right??! I have a single though and I generally lock my door unless I've been partying :look: and I keep my hair products hidden
But I was rinsing with my aussie moist and I was like hmm what if she put my ors relaxer in it..:blush:

OT: haha i have this weird habit where i smell my products prior to using because i have this "fear" that someone might have put something harmful in it. (i think i was watching homeless to harvard and these girls put bleach in another girl's shampoo).

i'm glad i don't have to worry about this with my roommate, lucky we stay in apts so we have our own space, but she doesn't question me for my choices and i don't question her.

It's really none of her biz what you do to your hair, when or don't do. She's a hater, keep your products away from her reach.
You could try 2 things:
1. Tell her that all that HATE is why her hairs short, bad karma, and that she should mind her own biz
2. Tell her to STHU

nah, she's cool though. she trips sometimes. she just speaks her mind and is upfront about stuff lol.

Back