Random rants and raves

Random poll

• I'm hungry :lick:

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Oooh, Top Chef comes on tonight!!! :yay:

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • I wanna do my hair :D

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • How many licks DOES it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop? :confused:

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • *sigh* I'm tired :look:

Votes: 29 43.9%

• Total voters
rave: today a lady at work said to me "look at all that hair, it grows overnight". you coulda bought me for a dollar after that lol.

rave: my hair has been doing so well now that im shampooing every week with aphogee, and deep conditioning with ORS. it seems my hair loves light protein.

rant: im getting paranoid about my hair. starting to question what i do with it even though its clear its working.

rant: i cant stop buying stuff even though i have all my staples.

RANT: why the heck is my hair still curly! i need a corrective asap!
this bantu knot out is just that. KNOTS!

RAVE: i look cute with my straightened hair at neck length.

RAVE: My hair is so healthy and thicker because of LHCF
RAVE: I must be doing something right, cuz I get a new hater EVERYDAY seems like
RANT: I hate when random black people come and put their hands in my hair
RAVE: A guy told me the other day that I wasnt like most black girls....my hair always smells clean. I dunno if that was a compliment but I'll sure take it as one!!
RANT: I'm too lazy to do my hair tonight.....nite nite

raves:
- hooded hair dryers are so darn relaxing. especially in this winter weather
-aussie moist is the best thing thats ever happened to me. I just found this out tonight.
edited to type: omg I got my first hands in hair moment today. LOL I did not mind at all, it just shows my hard work is paying off.

rants:
-my edges suck.
-I have a paper due tomorrow yet im on here wasting time with yall. LOL I cant help myself though.

RAVE: My hair is so healthy and thicker because of LHCF
RAVE: I must be doing something right, cuz I get a new hater EVERYDAY seems like
RANT: I hate when random black people come and put their hands in my hair
RAVE: A guy told me the other day that I wasnt like most black girls....my hair always smells clean. I dunno if that was a compliment but I'll sure take it as one!!
RANT: I'm too lazy to do my hair tonight.....nite nite

I crave your raves :grin:

Can't wait to be there one day!

rant:
-I think I put too much product in my hair when I did it the other day :( and I don't feel like doing it all over
-I'm trying to stretch this perm out but i'm scared of breakage...its not much but I don't play that!
-my hair isn't growing fast enough lol
-I hate Grad school

rave:
- I JUST FINISHED MY LAST PAPER FOR THE SEMESTER!!! even though it took me longer to finish because I couldn't stay off of here lol

Rant- at Thanksgiving I wore a shoulder length half wig that my cousin who is a hairdresser came up and touched my hair and said "is that all yours it looks so natural'?
Rave- before I could answer my brother says "Yeah thats her hair!" lol. Anyway I simply said no its not all mine "I got some help" my brother was like, "well it look good on you it fits you."
But I was thinking hopefully next Thanksgiving when I run into her and she asks the same question, which she will, I can proudly say, yes its all mine hefa!!

RANT: That moisturizing shea butter mix got my hair in a NASTY muck right now :wallbash:

RAVE: I still pulled it off and managed to wear a "Haute Couture" style to work today :lachen:

RAVE: I got 2nd day hair out of my TnC!! This is such a rare occurrence for me....

RANT: How come it takes 4-14 days to get something delivered when you only live 70 miles away?! I ordered my crap on the 23rd so, "where it's at?" I get shipments from NY in 48 hrs! WTH?! :wallbash:

Gym, get some Kenra Platinum Shea Butter Reconstructor. It's on my wishlist and I want reviews :lol:

Rave: I'm having a great hair day!!

Rants
*Putting together a regimen (and sticking to it) is WORK!
*I got frigging knots! Ah well, I'm getting them cut out in January and I'll start fresh!

raves:
- hooded hair dryers are so darn relaxing. especially in this winter weather
-aussie moist is the best thing thats ever happened to me. I just found this out tonight.
edited to type: omg I got my first hands in hair moment today. LOL I did not mind at all, it just shows my hard work is paying off.

[quote=cherezr;6389941]No! Dont say that sweetie. :nono: We all have those moments. You will make peace with your hair one day soon.

Does anyone else worry bout the oiliness from moisturizer and sealing.....I DO......thats why dont like people touching my hair.....dont want to disgust them

Totally agree....your hair is beautiful Mwedzi.....hope it works out for you!!!

I hate the fact that there are water restrictions this side (Australia)....would love to wash my hair more often!!!!

RANT: Aussie Moist Leave-In took, no, sucked ALL the moisture from out of my hair to the point where when I went to comb it, my hair instantly broke off. I had to rush back into the shower and rinse it all out. :wallbash: Shall not be buying that ever again.

carry on :look: :rolleyes:

Rant--Why after all these months of working on my hair am I just noticing that my right side is shorter than the left? Okay that might be because I blow dried and flat ironed for the first time in about two months. I had someone take a picture of the back of my head and I was like WTF???

Rave--I got a lot of compliments when I wore it down yesterday: looks healthier and longer

Rave--My hair feels like butta!

Rant--I've been pulling my relaxer all the way through for years. I am really struggling with believing I can only put it on the new growth and it won't look crazy. I will do it though....

Rave--I will be 14 weeks post tomorrow and I'm not ready to hurt myself or others so I feel good. I plan to relax on Jan 1st

Rant--This is my own fault. Why did I start the Buy Nothing Til Jan 09 challenge? Yall tried to tell me. Stupidest ish I've ever done since started on this board.

Raves:

• I've just about narrowed down my staples. :woot:
  • I've fallen in love with Henna/Indigo. :yay:
  • My dh loves my natural hair.
  • I love my new Iman make-up.:gorgeous:
Rants:

• I can't find my Pantene Relaxed & Natural Mask in stores, so I have to order it from the net.
    icon8.gif

• I always seem to have hair hanging from my ends & my ends are like velcro (sp). :wallbash::wallbash:

• I wish my hair didn't grow in layers.
    icon9.gif

RANT/WARNING: Henna and VS So Sexy does NOT mix :nono: after doing henna last nite, cowashing and DCing, I got the bright ash idea to use some VS for the scent. WRONG!!! It smelled like sour baby vomit :barf: I'm sitting up here with all the fellas watching the fight and SO leans over to say something and says in this super loud whisper "Dayum, WTF?! What u got in there? It stinks!" I already knew it was funky, I didn't need him to tell me...anyway

RAVE: This a.m. I cowashed with Hairveda Moist 24/7 and now my hair smells delish again :laugh:

Rave: I love me some silicon mix! I love castor oil and aussie moist conditioner too!
Rant: I'm so ready to relax. I need to relax! My HIH syndrome is so bad that I'm surpised I'm not bald in the crown of my head.

I need to be studying for my final, not worrying about my hair right now.

I'm almost out of my megatek :sad:

I put my olive oil into my empty Garnier Fructisse Sleek n Shine leave-in conditioner dispenser. Why didn't I think of this sooner?

HPIM0689.jpg

Back