Random progress thread...

RainbowCurls

Now, as far as I'm concerned, my hair has been basically the same since my LC (little chop) but I'm get better with the 'conquering it with products'.
My boyfriend said it had grown. I 'kind of' agreed.
Then I did this and I fully agreed :D
shrinkage.jpg

I'm approaching APL (my longest relaxed length), already!
I bought a new flat iron and am really excited aboud flat ironing all of my hair. Which I shouldn't be! When I went natural I was all "I want to be BSL NATURAL and straightened/stretched lengths don't matter to me", but I'm quite curious about them :D
I will only flat iron once every 2 months at the most, with a proper heat protectant, that's ok, right? 6 times a year..... right?! ;)

[size=-2]I need a trim and my roots doing though...[/size]

Your hair looks great!:) And 6 times a year is not bad at all IMO, especially since you are using a good heat protectant.

I absolutely love your hair! I say heat every 2 months is cool. How often are you using it now? I would just monitor your hair, and possibly up the protein before you use heat.

Keep doing what you're doing because your hair is gorgeous!

Thanks shunta, I haven't found a great heat protectant yet, so am open to suggestions.. ;)

OneInAMillion; thanks! I use heat... never at the moment! For some reason since I've gone natural I've been scared that I'd fry my curls away. Despite the fact that I flat ironed several times during my transition and my hair is still curliest (albeit most fried) at the ends :lol: . Thanks for the advice, will do a protein treatment before I plan to straighten.

I used to use a heat protection spray on top of hair with coconut oil, but I think this just fried my hair....
are serums better?

Your hair looks great.....my fav heat protectants are Silk Elements, Beyond the Zone & Fantasia IC (hot pink bottle). HTH

I love your hair and its been one of my inspirations to go natural. Anyway I like Matrix Sleek and Shine spray heat protectant.

beautlful head of hair girl!!!

i used my new flat iron this mornin. i first added IC (hot pink bottle) and LIGHTLY blew out my hair. thie morning sprayed TONI&GUY IRON-IT HEAT DEFENCE and its VERY GOOD!- try it (i got 2small bottles from Botts' for £2) my hairs nice n' straight/bouncey and shiney!

iv tried T&G spray b4 so i know it was good But the IC was now to me. I think ill keep using this comb!

RainbowCurls said:
I will only flat iron once every 2 months at the most, with a proper heat protectant, that's ok, right? 6 times a year..... right?! ;)

[SIZE=-2]I need a trim and my roots doing though...[/SIZE]

i'm in the midst of transitioning so not sure if this will help but....

when i get an urge for the straight, i like biosilk more than anything else i have in my stash. i didn't use it in my pics before flatironing but have after and it makes a huge difference and i know it's protecting my natural and relaxed hair from the evil heat monster lol. it also protects from outside moisture reverting your hard work :grin:

best to use sparingly though as it really can make your hair look almost too straight :D

ETA: i got a half a thought to even put a bit on as i'm rollersetting. i think it would really add a nice shine and smoother results.

Wow! Gorgeous hair! I really like the blue haircolor you have too. I don't think using heat 6x per year will hurt your hair. I usually use the generic Biosilk serum (available at Sally's) when I flat iron my hair.

Your hair looks beautiful as usual. Congrats on your progress! I think it's fine to straighten every couple months. Be sure to post pics when you do!

Oh, and a good heat protectant is Beyond The Zone or Fantasia IC serum. HHG.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

My new flat iron hasn't arrived yet... (ebay :rolleyes: ) but will post pics when I straighten my hair, however uneven it looks! (I did my BC myself).

leleepop, I'm glad I could be an inspiration! (and a bit surprised due to my slightly erratic haircare! ;) )

I'm a little unsure about spray heat protectors as they used to make my hair sizzle when I straightened it. And my hair was always damaged.

naturaline, what flat iron did you get? I bought some 'SCP' ones, reviews look good.

I haven't ever seen Beyond the Zone products here, but have seen IC fantasia ones (I have the serum so might try that first) and will try to hunt down the Biosilk.

Your hair looks beautiful! Great growth!!!

WOW, its crazy what shrinkage can do, huh!!? Ure hair got MAD long when stretched!!! :lol:

Thanks to crlsweetie912 and KiniKakes too :)

KiniKakes said:
WOW, its crazy what shrinkage can do, huh!!? Ure hair got MAD long when stretched!!! :lol:

I know! I wasn't expecting it really, I thought my shrinkage would only be about 2-3". (Because it doesn't curl properly all the way through)

Thanks anky.

chicamorena, I bleached my hair twice to a yellowy blonde. It is currently dyed with a temporary dye in 'pine green'. [size=-2]This is over other temporary dyes in silver, violette (bluey purple) and peacock blue (dark greeny turquoise) so it's not a pure green.[/size]

Got my straighteners yesterday....
0611_21_straight_side.jpg
0611_22_straight_back.jpg

It's so many different lengths!
A 3" cut would even it all up but since I don't plan to straighten my hair that often it's not worth it. With a 1" trim might it might able to pass for a 'U shape'.

Back