Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

The closer I get to the idea of taking these braids out the more nervous I Get about the BC. :ohwell: But I know that when these braids come out that's what I will need to do. Not dealing with braids anymore so they can't be my transition style. I'm kind of over wigs and my hair just does not look right with the exercising. What to do?

Have you tried bunning/updos? That's how I wear my hair 99% of the time. The rest of the time I do braidouts.

:congrats: gabulldawg. I hope you love it! Even if it is "eventually."

ETA I just saw I mentioned the wrong lady. :spinning: Congrats to gabulldawg. Not shortdub.

Last edited:
Gonna take the plunge and get the Creaclip. It looks like a great tool for those who do their own trims. Trying to hold off cutting until October or November. My hair is very uneven. I'm gonna do a layered cut.

Gonna take the plunge and get the Creaclip. It looks like a great tool for those who do their own trims. Trying to hold off cutting until October or November. My hair is very uneven. I'm gonna do a layered cut.

I have it. It's a good tool to have to do your own trims. Sometimes I alternate between using that or put my hair in a ponytail and trim. My hair doesn't grow even either.

I want a sew-in or even braids but my hair dreads, mattes and tangles too much for that. SuchaLady

You should try it divachyk You may be surprised. I'm over a year and a half post and when I do take down from any of those my hair is actually straight. The braids stretch my newgrowth to the point where I can thoroughly detangle and do my pretreatments.

So happy i am leaving Atlanta but I'm not ready for the cold winter in Philly. Having wet hair in the Northeast will probably lead to an untimely death :sad:

Thinking about hiding my hair all winter :locks:

I think I'll shampoo my hair tonight. I know I'm not going to feel like doing it tomorrow lol

I need to make a trip to the BSS soon. Fixin to get me a 5lb bucket of the Krystal Eco Styler geeelllll :lick: they didn't have any of the 5lb buckets last time, so I had to settle for this measly 32oz thimbleful lol

Last edited:
I went to a local thrift shop and I walked out with two 8 oz jars of Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding for $22, a bottle of Fekkai Vanilla Hair Mist perfume for $4 and a tube of L'Oreal Paris EverCurl Hydracharge shampoo for $2. Awesome!

Returning my avg. Made my edges crunchy. 3rd time buying & will probably be the last. Looks like I'm back to my Softee gel for now.

I broke up with Sally's/drugstore conditioners years ago, with the exception of my CON Argan. Y'all know I stan for that stuff :giggle: I have decided to become exclusive with my Joico Moisture Recovery Balm. It's my lover :love: With the occasional AO HSR every now and then. #Simplicity

I broke up with Sally's/drugstore conditioners years ago, with the exception of my CON Argan. Y'all know I stan for that stuff :giggle: I have decided to become exclusive with my Joico Moisture Recovery Balm. It's my lover :love: With the occasional AO HSR every now and then. #Simplicity

I need to try that balm one day, I hear great things

I think i'm being punished until the P/shoppaholic in me dies for good. I know it's gonna be a slow and painful death so until then i'll continue dreaming

I just sprayed my hair, moisturizes and sealed and sprayed a little ampro spritz and twisted it up and put four flexi rods and twisted it half way up so that it will hang lower than normal . I wanted more of a wave but I doubt it will be a wave

@PinkSunshine77

Sorry about that girl :lol:. I tried twice to resize it.....no luck.

@Rozlewis that wig is FIRE! I love the texture and wave. When do you plan to debut your wigs? HEY! Maybe this can help with your impending transition *HINT HINT* :poke: :lol:

If I like the wig I just purchased then I'll purchase another one, but a half wig this time in the same texture. I just think its so pretty. From the reviews I've seen its way kinkier in person.

EnExitStageLeft

Thanks! Once I receive this one I will post some pictures. Maybe you and others can give me some tips to boost my confidence. I have been considering transitioning but I am not sure I can handle this 4Z hair on my head. I have transitionined to texlaxed so that is a step in that direction. I love the fullness of natural hair so it could be possible one of these days. :grin:

I can't wait to see your new wig on you.

I have been really lazy this week. I keep putting off my wash day. Hopefully tonight i can prepoo and wash it out tomorrow

Back